Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What have you bought for your Cali today :-)

Did you pull the grommet right out of the bulkhead? Much easier if you do. I fed a very long tiewrap through the hole behind the grommet and managed to fish it out at the top of the cupboard after a couple of attempts. If you are just trying to push the cable through on its own I thiink it will be very difficult/impossible. Might help to do a 'dry run' without the cable actually attached first time to get a feel for the route. From memory, I think I had to angle the tie wrap slightly up and towards the left, otherwise it just wanted to go down inside the bulkhead somewhere instead of through to the cupboard. Hope this helps.
Thanks Matt. I did have the grommet out but tried with a wire hanger and the cable but think they were both too stiff. I will try with a long tie wrap.

Thanks Matt. I did have the grommet out but tried with a wire hanger and the cable but think they were both too stiff. I will try with a long tie wrap.
Can you put a torch or light behind on the cupboard side, you will then see the small gap to aim at, I think if memory serves me well it’s higher up nearer the roof…. Good lidk.

Can you put a torch or light behind on the cupboard side, you will then see the small gap to aim at, I think if memory serves me well it’s higher up nearer the roof…. Good lidk.
Thanks. I’ll give it a go.

So I got to fit the awning room today. Easy to fit and easy to pack away. Totally recommend it. I only did a quick fit as there were loads of people around and I didn’t want anyone to think I Was camping there so excuse my rushed job. It’ll look much better when I fit it next week

View attachment 108807

View attachment 108808

View attachment 108809

View attachment 108810

View attachment 108811

View attachment 108812
It looks good, but may i ask, what do you guys do when it rains ?
You'd have to lower one of the legs so that water doesn't accumulate on top of the awning. But if you lower one leg at least 2 of these 3 "walls" won't be tight anymore and , as seldom rain is not accompanied by wind, they will start flapping, possibly a becoming like sails that put additional weight on the awning in unpredictable directions.
This unfortunately is due to the low height of the awning attachment, which is conversely the main reason that 99% of us got a "below 2 meter" van in the first place..

One of these T6 Edition jobbies would work for me. View attachment 108990
I am wanting this lower artwork, but I won’t see it on the blackness of my black bodywork.
So thinking a light grey or dark grey or red, the same red as the 4Motion badge.
But then we are entering A-Team territory….

I am wanting this lower artwork, but I won’t see it on the blackness of my black bodywork.
So thinking a light grey or dark grey or red, the same red as the 4Motion badge.
But then we are entering A-Team territory….

I pity the fool…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trigger warning - Starlink
iJFhx7KLNQMzsUufEXmIsiCNr5b7Vm5aMwhiZY1ueDmE56MshNUB-NHgq7k8MhYKp77NphQrOarEGbiwWZKlxfkfnRQU1bacXG1uJ8ulUObkSJVVkNaP6j1pQZGwBUnwKOX9ic_3UkeEjHw3VGCmOrmBlKBo0cz0VySzabldrx5gFxnQ6Alz0ERLJIXZj_YuloYjvUXl6WwN722uOrB4Uun7v0dhOXdVHCyDFpOw80MRUuka94eI7V0QOThw3dsypmA7um4Y0Cd8YCupJRNDiZTIbh_xaPlHCQcKD4OdDTxuXyN00woa-hek-GSY-XQp0D4twz8_NcbKGNsXlZFZGvMa-ufcBtDUQkOYLq-nnBTwnRpog0AUvThogFIns44hg2XJSwL_0fxyRkwN3_oLYiHtE7NalQ8sDAy9fihnEn2XpOj8IPnDsNC1smAIpblZC2TLJkB4-LY3PRC8vxxtH5LCxsR-GocN7GOg89wTk_WC494nHfQJDxAznATFJMlQ1cYiDR6zZKdymYuskdx38a5J7oGq8X-IhY2HX7R6xkIQvcANnh3eBA7jtTzWgbHBeM57hfHiuiGu54dUJDm27_U1AEML1SxCHCcMeqHZXA_eWkFjQa75q4db2DshZUsJUUz_u6mrNu604UQDD3uvHimuB7ppX47MqHSdF7pTNZHErNLqey_LovcMOOQus0dkduKhwF_5DQklaV0eLVkSPupXJgJcPiEMIByWX65rX4zs7Big1wPJ50BgVwEGhTBteizwaZbVlvCAi5_f9cReSUo2LT6Kxd2ewlsdova027ULfd6xtzQX2M8mROvt0rnRjulfxr-dU64KIaPFsyg5q7kiJ05oad65TzbqTqwZPBncB8er4iuY93HKoP1H_keEipt8p9Iaw43Q5REH4cBRT_9tZlb-J6f-JHGmOYTqwI9dZA=w764-h1358-s-no

Not a new purchase, but I’ve just posted my 10 month review of this wireless mophie power bank on my blog. It has been faultless for extra charging power in the van and on other holidays.

View attachment 108588
We have an Anker power bank which we misplaced in a suitcase and found it two years later … it was still ‘fully charged’ !

Love reading this thread as always something to consider buying, but at the same time trying to minimise ‘stuff’ !
A wee collapsable bucket ( with lid) for rubbish, I felt was an essential and cuts down on plastic bags.
We chose the Kampa 5 lt , handy size.

I had the Brandrup water filler set with hose and hanger which was expensive and in my opinion not very good. The plastic foldable carrier split after only a year of gentle use. So with the help of this lovely boutique piece of kit I can invest in a better water carrier and get all the water in the van not over my feet! I can’t quite remember where I first saw it, facebook maybe? Thanks to Paul and Chrissy for their great product and speedy delivery
IMG_9500.jpeg

I had the Brandrup water filler set with hose and hanger which was expensive and in my opinion not very good. The plastic foldable carrier split after only a year of gentle use. So with the help of this lovely boutique piece of kit I can invest in a better water carrier and get all the water in the van not over my feet! I can’t quite remember where I first saw it, facebook maybe? Thanks to Paul and Chrissy for their great product and speedy delivery
View attachment 109061
We have one of these. Super piece of kit. We then use our MSR Dromedary water bags which we have had for 20+ years and are bomb proof.

Yes; I somehow qualify for the UK rural offer despite having more than adequate fibre to the door £99 for the equipment

Curious to see how well it works at campsites with trees/mountains. Reviews aren’t so great in this regard. I’d love to get one but decided on a custom 5G router with an external boost antenna mounted on the roof. Been getting 700-800 Mbps with this setup if a good 5G signal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back