Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What have you done with your California today?

Wow I'm amazed and jealous of that pic! When I went to Mam Tor just before lockdown it was heaving !
Yes it usually is and hence, being local, we never go there normally, preferring places off the beaten track. The view is amazing though so I understand why it is so popular!

Fitted the second skin seat covers. The bench has it fitted on the base but not the backrest in the photo.
One change from the last set I had, there is now an additional zip on the back of the front seats so that both the top and bottom set of seat pockets can still be accessed.

View attachment 73852View attachment 73853
Hi Andy seat covers look great. Can I ask where you bought them from, I'm listing on the items I need to buy for my new cali I hope to pick up in May, thanks bill

That looks ace. What model is that please?
Perhaps it's this one. Looks a really good spec, should be for £1k :eek:

ILX-F903D + the DAB aerial. All off Amazon. Had to get the correct CANbus connector off Ebay.

Well what have we done with our Cali today... sad news is that we’ve just sold it, OH can’t sleep in it and all the plans we had last year went awol like many other peoples.. good news is we made £1k on the price, so at least that’s one positive to come out of it....au revoir

Fitted the loop tape and tabs for my Brandrup Isotop IV. Figured it’s dry and 15C today so it wouldn’t take much fit the heater to get it up to the recommended temperature to fit. Am going to grab an extension lead and do the hairdryer trick now. It’s blooming hot in my van at the moment....think I need to go outside to cool down!

All I can say is the advice on the forum was invaluable as always! Couldn’t have fitted it without all your hints and tips.

Can’t wait to get the liner fitted. Can I wait the recommended 48hrs??? ;)

Hi Andy seat covers look great. Can I ask where you bought them from, I'm listing on the items I need to buy for my new cali I hope to pick up in May, thanks bill
Bought from CampervanBits link should be at the top of this page. VIP membership on here gets you a discount.

Well what have we done with our Cali today... sad news is that we’ve just sold it, OH can’t sleep in it and all the plans we had last year went awol like many other peoples.. good news is we made £1k on the price, so at least that’s one positive to come out of it....au revoir

Sad, however understandable. Are you planning to buy another one in the future?

e3a737c6221e893ee3359f02d91b048e.jpg

7b4a637ab9e25a2e97278a00a88763aa.jpg

Went out to play and made some fire only the two of us.

Fitted the loop tape and tabs for my Brandrup Isotop IV. Figured it’s dry and 15C today so it wouldn’t take much fit the heater to get it up to the recommended temperature to fit. Am going to grab an extension lead and do the hairdryer trick now. It’s blooming hot in my van at the moment....think I need to go outside to cool down!

All I can say is the advice on the forum was invaluable as always! Couldn’t have fitted it without all your hints and tips.

Can’t wait to get the liner fitted. Can I wait the recommended 48hrs??? ;)
Lol I fitted mine last weekend heater on hair dryer the lot all good and I only waited 24hrs ,the tape is well stuck I am very impatient lol.The only chew I had was it’s really tight hooking it into the corners at the back.The difference is massive heat loss if vastly reduced

Lol I fitted mine last weekend heater on hair dryer the lot all good and I only waited 24hrs ,the tape is well stuck I am very impatient lol.The only chew I had was it’s really tight hooking it into the corners at the back.The difference is massive heat loss if vastly reduced
I’m in the Isotop fitting process as well, fitted my loop tape yesterday, will fit the tabs next weekend.
I actually quite enjoyed all the cleaning/glueing/fitting.
Is it correct that the tabs are fitted in the gap an inch or so from the front?

The back corners were definitely the hardest bits to fit! I'll be fitting the liner tomorrow if it stays dry...finger's crossed.

...and I found my VWCC stickers that I'd put somewhere safe, so they need to go the van at long last ;)

I’m in the Isotop fitting process as well, fitted my loop tape yesterday, will fit the tabs next weekend.
I actually quite enjoyed all the cleaning/glueing/fitting.
Is it correct that the tabs are fitted in the gap an inch or so from the front?
That's correct and, as recommended by lots of helpful people on the forum, using two thin plastic loyalty cards make it a lot easier and they are the same size as the tabs.

I wasn't strong enough to make a sandwich of the cards and velcro and just push them up in to the gap, so I measured where mine needed to go and inserted the first plastic card in to the gap. I then put the velcro tab on top of the second plastic card and pushed them in behind the first card. I found this easiest if I pushed the corner in first, at an angle, and then wiggled it in to place. Before removing the plastic cards, I double checked the spacing, then removed the front card and then the back one (I found I pulled the tab out if I did it the other way around).

Back