Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What have you done with your California today?

Ambler

Ambler

VIP Member
This idea is copied from several other fora where it always seems popular.
I'll kick it off and say this morning I chauffeured my wife 50 miles to a meeting and visited the local VW retail centre whilst I waited for her meeting to conclude. Had a look over the new Tiguan, it seems practical and fairly well equipped.
The journey there and back was smooth and relaxing, confirming that the Cali. is just as versatile as a run around as it is camper van.

Yes Diamond discount card day. Didn't take our Cali though.
I did take it to Morrison's yesterday in order to use their Jet washer to wash the salt off but .........it was frozen solid.
My, life is all fun and frolics!

Last edited:
Waved my Cali goodbye this mornig at 6am when i took my electric bike for a 18km ride to work when it was -4 celcius.
When i got back home arround 16.30h (again 18km in -2cel. this time )he was still sitting nice and cosy in the garage....
Normal day at the office;)

Drove to the gym and then went snowboarding as always on Wednesday. Used the van as a changing room and heated cabin to have a tea and on my way back home I used the parking heater to dry my boots, gloves and goggles. Love it!
0987cf98cdb053db3f7cbd5bb690c56d.jpg

Drove to the gym and then went snowboarding as always on Wednesday. Used the van as a changing room and heated cabin to have a tea and on my way back home I used the parking heater to dry my boots, gloves and goggles. Love it!
0987cf98cdb053db3f7cbd5bb690c56d.jpg
Nice. In fact very nice.
I particularly liked the "as always on a Wednesday"

Mike

Waved my Cali goodbye this mornig at 6am when i took my electric bike for a 18km ride to work when it was -4 celcius.
When i got back home arround 16.30h (again 18km in -2cel. this time )he was still sitting nice and cosy in the garage....
Normal day at the office;)
Weren't you the one who was not into sports in another thread?

Electric bike....;) , but 1,5 h on it each day to work! 36km total a day.
I dont really know how much help you get from the electric. I am thinking about getting one to go with the cali. I have been carrying my foldable Dahon regularly in the car with me for the last 10 years and find it very practical. Anyway, if you ride that distance daily is a good exercise.

I just noticed this evening one of my interior lights in the boot area was left on from yesterday evening, promptly Checked the battery status and was surprised to see its down to 50% already !
So now on hookup :(

Alan

Looked longingly at her sat on the drive way as I set off to spend the day telling people to eat less, exercise more and stop smoking as a Practice nurse. Spent lunch sorting annual leave to go exploring with Dora our van.

Back