Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What is your 'must have' clothing item ?

Quentin SF

Quentin SF

Vehicle
Just browsing
Crocs in good weather, but I love my ankle-length Muck Boots when the going gets tough. They’re my standard dog-walking boots for much of the year, and my bathroom-visiting-boots when camping in the winter.

super_mooper

super_mooper

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
haha, also have the dry robe (can recommend the ‘stitches&steel’ ones, which dry very quickly on the inside) that comes in especially handy when I’m trying to get my 10 year old in/out of his wetsuit; on the South coast it’s usually blowing a SW Gale & raining heavily with him sat in the warm, and me outside tugging his wetsuit boots on/off and then putting boards on the roof etc!
We’re investing in dry robes this year & I like the look of this one. What’s the fit like on your 10-year old? Would it utterly swamp a 7 year old (small to average size) or might it work.. he’d not need to walk around in it, but something that can warm him up & dry him out quickly post-surf is a must! Thanks

T

Tandt

Vehicle
T4 PopTop
We got thin running t shirts from decathlon for £3. Roll up to nothing and don't crease. I always take my ultra thin polyester padded gilet. Use merino t shirts as well.

Bobbybus

Bobbybus

Learning how to be a hedonist...
VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
Peaked hat. Always have one on. Keeps the sun/rain/snow out of my eyes. I have about 12. Wife jokes that I take longer choosing one to wear than she does getting ready in full. 'Get a hat, get ahead' as they say.

Deskman

Deskman

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 174
The best way to keep your wardrobe minimalistic is to use the layering system. This will keep you warm and dry in northern Norway and cool on the playa. For me, fashion is not an issue but nowadays you can even dress quite fashionable in an outdoor outfit.

I have been raised well in this matter. Starting my holiday career on a bike/motorbike and later with 4 kids in a car will make you leave everything at home but the essentials.

clarinetbcn

clarinetbcn

T5.1 Beach 140
VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 Beach
The best way to keep your wardrobe minimalistic is to use the layering system. This will keep you warm and dry in northern Norway and cool on the playa. For me, fashion is not an issue but nowadays you can even dress quite fashionable in an outdoor outfit.

I have been raised well in this matter. Starting my holiday career on a bike/motorbike and later with 4 kids in a car will make you leave everything at home but the essentials.
Agreed, see post #3 above.

C

califamily

Vehicle
T4 PopTop
saw a post yesterday suggesting a peruvian poncho might be an excellent all rounder when travelling in the Cali. Can I ask you guys what you have found to be most useful, essental or versatile items of clothing kit, being that space is at such a premium.
Icebreaker jacket

shudycamps

shudycamps

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 140 4Motion
saw a post yesterday suggesting a peruvian poncho might be an excellent all rounder when travelling in the Cali. Can I ask you guys what you have found to be most useful, essental or versatile items of clothing kit, being that space is at such a premium.
Our cagoules and small umbrella! And easy slip on crocs.

gvick

gvick

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 199 4 motion
Pair of north face trousers that zip off into shorts - practically live in shorts April through to end of November.
Any other dedicated 3 1/2 season short wearers out there?:rolleyes:

Karlos

Karlos

VIP Member
Vehicle
Cali now sold
Pair of north face trousers that zip off into shorts - practically live in shorts April through to end of November.
Any other dedicated 3 1/2 season short wearers out there?:rolleyes:
Me got them on now with crocs and a fleece, about to wash the cars so should be wide awake by the end.

VW California Club