Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What is your 'must have' clothing item ?

jillyfish

jillyfish

VIP Member
Vehicle
Looking to buy
saw a post yesterday suggesting a peruvian poncho might be an excellent all rounder when travelling in the Cali. Can I ask you guys what you have found to be most useful, essental or versatile items of clothing kit, being that space is at such a premium.

clarinetbcn

clarinetbcn

T5.1 Beach 140
VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 Beach
Goretex exterior shell jacket. Protects against wind and rain, and varying internal layers can adapt to temperatures all year round, so only one jacket needed.

No_heroes

No_heroes

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
North Face Nuptse down jacket. Warm, comfy and packs right down.

2020 freedom

2020 freedom

Eating Ice Cream, skimming stones.
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
5/4mm Wetsuit
I didn't realise the kitchen sliding windows would let in quite so much...are you out of warranty ? :embarrased

Actually I'm just getting a dryrobe for my running activities, was hoping it would work nicely for those emergency trips to the toilet blocks in 'orrible weather too.

Amarillo

Amarillo

Tom
Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Ch1pbutty

Ch1pbutty

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 Beach
I didn't realise the kitchen sliding windows would let in quite so much...are you out of warranty ? :embarrased

Actually I'm just getting a dryrobe for my running activities, was hoping it would work nicely for those emergency trips to the toilet blocks in 'orrible weather too.
haha, also have the dry robe (can recommend the ‘stitches&steel’ ones, which dry very quickly on the inside) that comes in especially handy when I’m trying to get my 10 year old in/out of his wetsuit; on the South coast it’s usually blowing a SW Gale & raining heavily with him sat in the warm, and me outside tugging his wetsuit boots on/off and then putting boards on the roof etc!

RobSWBeach

RobSWBeach

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
haha, also have the dry robe (can recommend the ‘stitches&steel’ ones, which dry very quickly on the inside) that comes in especially handy when I’m trying to get my 10 year old in/out of his wetsuit; on the South coast it’s usually blowing a SW Gale & raining heavily with him sat in the warm, and me outside tugging his wetsuit boots on/off and then putting boards on the roof etc!
Dryrobes are essential.

Swiss Cheese

Swiss Cheese

Vehicle
T6 Beach 4Motion
Eddie Bauer Guide Pro Cargo Pants. Really comfy, stretchy, and they dry super fast.
I notice they now do the same with zip-off legs so if I had that model it would be the only trousers/shorts I'd ever need. Totally recommended.

AlisonF

AlisonF

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Goretex jacket and trousers and good boots.
Then some towels for the dogs as I’m not a dog coat person...