Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What's your best few peices of kit?

View attachment 23689

Toaster and egg poacher combined. Even cooks bacon! Does 4 boiled eggs at once.

Made by Tefal.

Breakfast in an instant!!!

Days Out. You had me excited...... Thats 1200W. You cant use it in the Cali....

Same issue with my coffee machine... I wish I could have that in the Cali... Life would be complete but its about 1200W...

Deflated..

Our Best Buy was £34 portable induction hob from ikea with a set of 3 induction saucepans £6. Can't believe how quickly it heats up. Though wouldn't be without our Cadac to cook on either.

Days Out. You had me excited...... Thats 1200W. You cant use it in the Cali....

Same issue with my coffee machine... I wish I could have that in the Cali... Life would be complete but its about 1200W...

Deflated..

Works for me! Use it all the time on hook up. Never tripped any fuses....

IMG_3138.JPG

Wow didn't even know these existed - must get one!! How do you cook bacon on it?

There is a tray that fits above the egg poacher. So whilst it poaching eggs it can cook the bacon.

I even heat croissants whilst doing the toast by balancing above the slots.

Very versatile and quite cheap at £35.00 ish on eBay.

There is a tray that fits above the egg poacher. So whilst it poaching eggs it can cook the bacon.

I even heat croissants whilst doing the toast by balancing above the slots.

Very versatile and quite cheap at £35.00 ish on eBay.

Awesome - ordered!

How do you get your table to stay up in that position? We pile up cushions and bags to do that...have I missed something?
You should have a strap. Possibly in with your roof tie down kit. Can supply a picture if required. Grabbed this pic from elsewhere on BB of strap in situ.

a97c066b84cac2cb1c33b3da95776f00.jpg

Mike

How do you get your table to stay up in that position? We pile up cushions and bags to do that...have I missed something?
You should have a strap supplied that fits around a headrest shaft and connects to the table.

You should have a strap. Possibly in with your roof tie down kit. Can supply a picture if required. Grabbed this pic from elsewhere on BB of strap in situ.

Mike
Beat me to it Mike :thumb

Oomph coffee maker is the coffee device of choice at the moment. All in one, easy to use and makes good coffee from any grind or roast somehow. Its basically a cross between an aeropress and cafetiere.

Magnetic torch from tesco, handy to stick to the van with torch and strip light built in.

Solwise wifi router and rocket antenna for long range wifi (Fon).

Raspberry Pi entertainment system, vintage arcade and console games emulator and Kodi setup with built in screen good for rainy nights. Geeky but good.

Slidepod, has changed the way we use our beach and love it.

Doesn't alway go with us but Cadac safari chef 2. The CG Bistro stove is incredibly hot and powerful for those little aerosol cans, doesnt come with since we got our slidepod but was great for making a tea inside during bad weather, we sometimes take it for days out.

Yep. There should be a strap that hooks on the table and around a rear headrest

VW part number
7H7067359

IMG_0271.JPG

Last edited:

Mike
Oh my gawd......

I think that must be the strap I found in the glovebox and couldn't work out what it did so chucked it in the house somewhere. I thought it was a key lanyard with a weird plastic thing on the end.

I've got no idea where it is now.....off hunting. Thanks :thumb

Oh my gawd......

I think that must be the strap I found in the glovebox and couldn't work out what it did so chucked it in the house somewhere. I thought it was a key lanyard with a weird plastic thing on the end.

Ah, you should always put a picture on the forum and ask what it is. I identified quite a few things that way :)

Oh my gawd......

Well don't worry too much if you don't find it. I've kept that thing stowed carefully in the van but never actually used it so far.

(But no doubt someone is now going to pop up and say they use it on every trip.)

This little beauty from Alpkit also comes in very handy almost every time it gets dark & will also charge a phone / speaker or run our BioLite string lights too:
lampray_phone_1200_803auto.jpg

Not as good as the pee bottle though, that's still my winner.

I tried an Aeropress with a reusable steel filter to see what all the fuss was about (people do get evangelical about them) and found it a bit meh - I think it's too smooth & clean for me, I prefer a little bit more 'body' - aka bits - from the cafetière. The big plus for the Aeropress is that it's very easy to clean though.

I got bored of breaking the nib off glass cafetieres many years ago and now have steel double-walled Cafe Ole from Amazon in 6 and 8 cup sizes (eg: 2 mugs or 3 mugs):

71TRiKSD9hL._SL1500_.jpg

Back