Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Where to fit a fire extinguisher

Do you have the product codes for these

Also, one other thing I thought of can these fire sticks be mounted horizontally I’m just wondering if they would fit on the driver seat perhaps with double sided tape with a clip arrangement

Also, one other thing I thought of can these fire sticks be mounted horizontally I’m just wondering if they would fit on the driver seat perhaps with double sided tape with a clip arrangement
I would double check with @Fire Safety Stick, but my understanding is that these devices can be fitted in any orientation as they are solid rather than liquid.

A

Correct.
One in the kitchen of the house and the other one here.
IMG_0484.jpeg

Hi folks!
Just catching up on this thread. Firstly, thanks for the email Kevin, I've just replied back with the details on the discount code etc. This was the thread you were looking for:
https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/threads/15-discount-fire-safety-stick.50726/
Yes - they can be mounted in any orientation as they are solid and not gas-filled. (Once activated the solid chemically reacts to create a gas. (I won't bore you with the chemistry here!).

Yes, the fire service advice is officially to get out and of course, 100% always consider your own safety, these like all extinguishers are for dealing with small fires before they become established. The other reason the fire service has the advice they do is for folks not trained on using extinguishers - for example, to know the correct type to use on the various classes of fires. Fortunately, the Fire Safety Stick does more fire classes than other extinguishers and will never make the fire worse! And since Kent Fire Service (and others rolling out now) carry them for their own vehicles, I will let you decide ;)

If anyone has any other questions, feel free to ask :)

Never heard of diesel exploding, but I stand to be corrected.
I’ve been known to explode after a particular vicious vindaloo ;)
And the wife’s eggs in the air fryer
100% diesel can explode. If diesel sprays on to a hot surface, stage 1 fire, stage 2 vaporised diesel then explodes in a fire ball. I’ve witnessed it.

they come has a set, and yes they come with tape on them, can't remember where I got them from, either toolstation, screw fix, or eBay, one of them 3 for sure.

Back