Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Which door contorol module support folding mirror

szczota81

szczota81

Vehicle
T5 SE 140 4Motion
Hi guys again

I would like to add folding mirrors to my Cali. The folding mirrors are controlled by door control module which is integrated in to window motor 7E0959801. The problem is that I have no idea which module supports folding function.
If anyone with folding mirrors in T5.1 can tell me the part number of window motor in the car will be really helpful.

If you have. 5.1 then it probably is supported if the mirrors already fold on the switch, but you need to be able to program it.
Edit: I misread and assumed you want your mirrors to fold on the key (common request)

Last edited:
If you have. 5.1 then it probably is supported but you need to be able to program it. Do you have access to vcds?
The control button on my T5.1 without folding mirrors lacks the position for folding. Only one click right or left for mirror selection for adjustment and heating on, center position heating off. That could be why OP thinks he has to change the door module.

If you have. 5.1 then it probably is supported but you need to be able to program it. Do you have access to vcds?
If you have manual folding mirrors, you will need new mirrors with the motors for the electric folding, the right control module and the right coding, if it is even possible to retrofit that as from factory.
Manual folding mirrors can't be coded just like that.

Yes I misread the OP and assumed he wanted mirrors that fold on the key. I missed the point that he might want to swap from fixed to folding. :headbang

Hi Loz

Just for clarification :) My Cali has mirrors with 7 pin and 3 antennas each (heating, adjustment, line control system). But no holding motor.
I have second set of mirrors from my friend with 9 pin and 3 antennas each. But as I know I have to replace door module integrated in the window motor to be able to change the code and operate folding funtion.

The question is, which door module has this capabilities? There should be special latter at the end probably.

Screenshot 2020-10-26 at 12.07.04.png

I only have 6XP. No 7L3 or 7L6.
6XP is Buitenspiegels, elektrisch inklapbaar, elektrisch verstelbaar en apart verwarmbaar

Translates into (something like this): wing mirrors, electrical foldable, electrical adjustable and heatable separately.

Reactions: Loz
I only have 6XP. No 7L3 or 7L6.
6XP is Buitenspiegels, elektrisch inklapbaar, elektrisch verstelbaar en apart verwarmbaar

Translates into (something like this): wing mirrors, electrical foldable, electrical adjustable and heatable separately.
@TripleBee
Is there any place where I can check what all this short cuts mean (like: 6Xp 7L3 etc)
Do you know your window motor part number?

@TripleBee
Is there any place where I can check what all this short cuts mean (like: 6Xp 7L3 etc)
Do you know your window motor part number?

No, I don't know the part number.
And I don't even think that just swapping all the needed parts will do the trick.
There is more involved than just a control module and an actuator.
All the modules need to 'talk' to each other. One missing link and all your money is down the drain.

Back