Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Which electric car to buy?

My smart for two diesel cost £6k in 2011, has done 100k miles and total life cost Inc tax (zero) maintenance and insurance and fuel is now less than 3p per mile, and it has never needed charging......just saying.
Do Tesla's not need brake servicing? A/c servicing, tyres, wiper blades, Mots?
And what happens when the that BEV is no longer supported by the manufacturer, especially if it goes bust, right Fisker? BEV's are software driven and we all know what happens when computer software is obsolete and glitchy.

BEV's are appliances. I could wear an Apple watch or tell the time on my iPhone but I choose to wear an automatic mechanical watch. Sometimes its more than just the some of its parts or in the case of a BEV, getting from A to B as cheaply as possible. Call me a dinosaur.
Dinosaur

BEV's are appliances. I could wear an Apple watch or tell the time on my iPhone but I choose to wear an automatic mechanical watch. Sometimes its more than just the some of its parts or in the case of a BEV, getting from A to B as cheaply as possible. Call me a dinosaur.
I really like the Apple Watch analogy.

I have an Apple Watch. But it’s just a (largely unnecessary), tool. I wear it, play with recording my exercise & closing rings etc. None of which is really that useful. Heart rate monitoring is ok. But it’s just a tool and not a particularly nice looking one.

Whereas wearing a mechanical watch from my humble Seiko, through to more exotic watches gives me a joy. Their horological history. The story of the Moon Watch - every aspect of that accidental fit had a purpose for life in space. Unlike my Apple Watch which has a lot of tech for tech’s sake.

Both have use cases. Much like cars the digital version is commoditised and soulless.

I have (had), both. But I know from experience with both watches & cars, the ones which give me joy.

BMW BEV (which isn't going to go bust), Fitbit and my dad's 1960 Omega for me.

Apple watches only ever had 2 uses - people wanting to say 'look I've got an Apple watch!' and/or people who wanted to read their emails 24 hours a day.

Apple watches only ever had 2 uses - people wanting to say 'look I've got an Apple watch!' and/or people who wanted to read their emails 24 hours a day.
I hate digital watches but like some of the functions so its a Kronaby watch for me, IMG_4420.jpeg the most analogue smart watch I could find, the buttons are programmable for a number of functions including controlling the music on my phone. its got GPS etc.
It buzzes on my wrist for incoming calls, texts etc & you can programme it so the hands indicate who it is calling ie big hand points to nr 1 its the wife, nr 2 its the boss etc. has a payment chip enbedded in the strap as well. Unlike the Apple Watch it uses a standard CR3032 watch battery which lasts up to a year with no charging required.

Well I can see a couple of additional benefits of the Apple tech, probably more suited to the older generation and thats as a emergency hailing system eg in the case of a fall and advance warning of heart arrhythmias.

Omega, a man of wealth & taste. The one watch I shall never sell is my Moon Watch. It’s perfect. Not showy. Equally at home with a pair of shorts in the van, as a suit out to a Michelin dinner. Timeless.

I agree re Apple Watch. Never looked at an email on the thing. I feel like an utter knucklehead shouting into my wrist on the rare few occasions I’ve taken a call on it.

It was a freebie from EE. I really must replace it with a Fitbit.

BMW EV are acceptable. i3S is already a modern classic. i4 is the closest EV I have driven to a ‘proper’ car.

I hate digital watches but like some of the functions so its a Kronaby watch for me, View attachment 129611 the most analogue smart watch I could find, the buttons are programmable for a number of functions including controlling the music on my phone. its got GPS etc.
It buzzes on my wrist for incoming calls, texts etc & you can programme it so the hands indicate who it is calling ie big hand points to nr 1 its the wife, nr 2 its the boss etc. has a payment chip enbedded in the strap as well. Unlike the Apple Watch it uses a standard CR3032 watch battery which lasts up to a year with no charging required.
Pretty cool. Not seen this before.

Well I can see a couple of additional benefits of the Apple tech, probably more suited to the older generation and thats as a emergency hailing system eg in the case of a fall and advance warning of heart arrhythmias.
There is this. But there are alternatives to having in watch form.

I find the aesthetic of people that wear an Apple on one wrist and a mechanical watch on the other sets my hives raging.

Fitbit/mechanical acceptable. A mate of mine wears some smart ring. But it looks more at place in an East End fighting pub (which is now likely a gentrified Michelin restaurant).

Omega, a man of wealth & taste. The one watch I shall never sell is my Moon Watch. It’s perfect. Not showy. Equally at home with a pair of shorts in the van, as a suit out to a Michelin dinner. Timeless.

I agree re Apple Watch. Never looked at an email on the thing. I feel like an utter knucklehead shouting into my wrist on the rare few occasions I’ve taken a call on it.

It was a freebie from EE. I really must replace it with a Fitbit.

BMW EV are acceptable. i3S is already a modern classic. i4 is the closest EV I have driven to a ‘proper’ car.
I would stay away from the ‘S’ if I were you. Brittle ride. Even the Wisely chap who sold me my non S said that.

I would stay away from the ‘S’ if I were you. Brittle ride. Even the Wisely chap who sold me my non S said that.
I know, I know. So unsuitable for the Gloucestershire potholes as well.

But the wider track width, lower ride height and the wider wheels look good. And make it handle better.

I can't get beyond that.

My smart for two diesel cost £6k in 2011, has done 100k miles and total life cost Inc tax (zero) maintenance and insurance and fuel is now less than 3p per mile, and it has never needed charging......just saying.
Do Tesla's not need brake servicing? A/c servicing, tyres, wiper blades, Mots?
Apologies, @secret lemonade drinker

I thought you said 'car'.