Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Which fuse?

powysjune

powysjune

VIP Member
Can anyone tell me the number of the fuse for the 12V cigarette lighter socket that is down by the rear seat/sliding door (next to a cup holder)?
Can't work out which side of the card that lists the fuses refers to which of the two fuse boxes, and there seem to be quite a few fuses labelled 12V!

Andy's right, it's the nearly hidden one by the sliding door not the dash one. I want to use it for a phone charger but it seems dead.

VW do not supply a list of fuses for california, they say it changes so any list would be out of date. You will need to check all 15 & over amp fuses, it should be under passenger seat. That said there are also fuses behind panel below dash cig lighter & under bonnet.

Thanks Andy we'll try that. I don't suppose these diagrams (one on each side of the card in the main fuse box) tell you anything? Like which one refers to the upper fuse box and which the lower? It would be useful to know for future reference. You may not be able to read them anyway as I don't think you can zoom in on attached photos.

photo.JPG photo2.JPG

Finally found the third fuse box under the driver's seat (it's a left hand drive Cali) and replaced the blown number 7 - all sorted. Many thanks for the help and advice.
June

Hi
The cigarette lighter in the dash stopped working, I replaced the blown 15A fuse under passenger seat but it still doesn't work.
Any ideas anyone?
Thanks

Forum Downnloads section. T5 and Special vehicles fuse position guide. Does cover California.

Hi,
12V socket that is down by the rear seat/sliding door is not working. I have tried to find fuses under my seats, but I cannot find them. I have 2003 LHD Cali with battery under driver seat and CD under passenger seat. Fuse box below bottle holder, contains only fuse for dash socket.
Could you pls help me, where to find fuse for rear CL socket?
Thanks, Ivan

20190812_162424.jpg

20190812_162529.jpg

20190812_163014.jpg

The fuse box that you need is under your drivers seat.

A bit tricky to get to, you can find it better by half turning the
seat.
Better still is remove the seat.

The fuse box that you need is under your drivers seat.

A bit tricky to get to, you can find it better by half turning the
seat.
Better still is remove the seat.

I've made a movie after half turning the seat. I just don't know where to look at. I'm not sure, if I will see more after I will remove the seat, for which I need to order spline bit set.
movie:
20190812_191414.jpg20190812_191541.jpg

Have a look to the near left corner as you are stood at the door.
Mine are running vertical down there.

You're in the right area.

No, i didn't see it on your vid, maybe its in a different place.

Have a look under the wardrobe where the second
leisure battery is.
On the vid you posted you would clearly see where my fuses
are but yours aren't there so they're somewhere else.
Mine is 2006. :eek:

Have a look under the wardrobe where the second
leisure battery is.
On the vid you posted you would clearly see where my fuses
are but yours aren't there so they're somewhere else.
Mine is 2006. :eek:
There are no Fuses either...:rolleyes:

20190814_140241.jpg

yes, I 've done all pictures in suggested setup, but I don't think, I can inspect all fuses without removing seat;)

Hi
The cigarette lighter in the dash stopped working, I replaced the blown 15A fuse under passenger seat but it still doesn't work.
Any ideas anyone?
Thanks
Late reply, but I just try to find the fuse for cigarette lighter 12v by the sliding door.
The fuse for the dash board lighter is in the fuse box behind bottle holder under the ashtray. It’s upper row, third from right, blue15A.
Btw I believe the fuse I’m looking for is the first 15A, second row under driving seat. Confirm anyone? It was blown but lighter outlet still doesn’t work.

A7BA6183-4DED-4BDD-95AF-60F180CCB878.jpeg

Late reply, but I just try to find the fuse for cigarette lighter 12v by the sliding door.
The fuse for the dash board lighter is in the fuse box behind bottle holder under the ashtray. It’s upper row, third from right, blue15A.
Btw I believe the fuse I’m looking for is the first 15A, second row under driving seat. Confirm anyone? It was blown but lighter outlet still doesn’t work.

View attachment 82862
How are you testing the 12v socket?
Some 12v plugs have an internal fuse.

How are you testing the 12v socket?
Some 12v plugs have an internal fuse.
With an USB socket trying to charge my phone. I actually did succeed. Bad connection at first. Removed the fuse and it stopped working, put it back and it works. Happy ending!

DSC_0929.JPGCali t5 2006. Underneath the driver seat. The rear socket has it's own fuse, an 15a . The blue ones are 15a. Just pull out the blue ones and you find the broken one. Here they are sorted together. I reach it with the seat turned en then it is doable.