Which is the best data sim provider for Cornwall/Devon

J

Jester

Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
Grand California 680
Hi

We will be spending a lot of time in and around Cornwall and Devon, looking for the best provider coverage, knowledge welcome please.

Thanks in advance.

Will

Hi

We will be spending a lot of time in and around Cornwall and Devon, looking for the best provider coverage, knowledge welcome please.

Thanks in advance.

Will
Passed experience in Devon is none in lots of places. Towns were OK mainly. I have a Spanish mobile as well as my UK one so were able to roam on any network. All very low coverage in some areas and sometimes one phone was OK and not the other.. Switching phone between 4g and 2 g sometimes helped but standing on the top of a hill in one campsite was the only solution. Sometimes you can think you do not have coverage by the indicators but trying to make a call may get your phone connected, sometimes works. EE seemed the best on one site but only late at night. Too many people streaming videos. Text seemed mainly OK but voice and data not good.

There are some coverage data on the network operator's sites but your best bet maybe to ask the campsite owners for local information. One option would be for members of your party to have phones on different networks as long as you do not want to phone each other.

I have tried all four networks since moving to Devon and Vodafone has by far the best coverage even in rural areas, I even get 4G at home now , the worst network was Three.

Have also found Vodafone to be best in Cornwall, it has by far the best signal where I live and consistently outperforms both EE and O2, which we have on work phones, when out and about around the county. Can't comment on 3. I was also working out of South Devon until recently, again Vodafone was best although there were some rural gaps in any coverage.

Thank you all,

Guess Vodafone is what I was hoping to hear, not the cheapest but hopefully the most reliable under the circumstances re geographic landscape, hoping to make good use of the fitted Wi4U LTE Router.

Thanks again.

Will

Thank you all,

Guess Vodafone is what I was hoping to hear, not the cheapest but hopefully the most reliable under the circumstances re geographic landscape, hoping to make good use of the fitted Wi4U LTE Router.

Thanks again.

Will
If you're going to use Vodafone then try Voxi which is a sub brand of Vodafone. No contract just pay every 30 days or cancel.

Back