Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Which Thule Tow-Bar Bike Rack

BigMan

BigMan

Anyone know which Thule cycle carrier I need to go for so it allows me to tilt it and open the tailgate ?

Thanks in advance

It would be interesting to know if the Velospace works without a hack, as I was under the impression the Atera STRADA DL was the only rack that the tailgate would clear.

It would be interesting to know if the Velospace works without a hack, as I was under the impression the Atera STRADA DL was the only rack that the tailgate would clear.
My 2 bike Thule Euroclassic clears the tailgate but I do have to remove a peddle.

My 2 bike Thule Euroclassic clears the tailgate but I do have to remove a peddle.

We don't have to remove anything, we even load the third bike rack with stuff i.e. beach chairs, windbreak etc.
I will add you need the three bike rack and the bikes have to go on the outside positions for the tailgate to miss the bikes. There's two of us so not a problem. A child's bike might go on the inner position without fouling but cant confirm this.

We put four bikes on the strada and the tail gate clears it but you have to turn the handlebars on the first bike. We actually have to turn two handlebars to get one road, one mountain and two kids mountain bikes on. I’m very glad have tow bar mounted rather than trying to lift that lot on to tailgate mounted.

850826F7-24EA-47F6-867B-1F4DC9E70062.jpeg We’ve just got the Thule 925 which will carry two expensive (ie not the heaviest) electric bikes and we should be able to open the tailgate on our new Cali. Getting the bikes tomorrow. Exciting. Ps I’ve got a factory fitted rack to sell if anyone wants it.

Just purchased and used for the first time this week a Thule Velospace XT3, rack clears when tilted to open tail gate. The rack has a second bolt hole for the wire strap hole, you will need to relocate the straps to the other bolt hole.
Can conform does everything you want, very happy with purchase also a 5 year warranty as I purchased from a Thule distributor who match the best online price.

Just purchased and used for the first time this week a Thule Velospace XT3, rack clears when tilted to open tail gate. The rack has a second bolt hole for the wire strap hole, you will need to relocate the straps to the other bolt hole.
Can conform does everything you want, very happy with purchase also a 5 year warranty as I purchased from a Thule distributor who match the best online price.

Great to hear!
So there are more than only the Atera DL 3, which fit to the California

Hi,

I don't suppose you have a few pics please of the tilt and what you mean by the extra strap hole?

Thanks