Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Why did you choose your avatar?

I chose it because the Cali gives me the freedom to go to Snowdonia fairly easily. I don't have to book accommodation there as I camp in the Cali where I work for 8 weeks a year as a volunteer on the P Way on the Ffestiniog and Welsh Highland Railway. The picture is a train going up towards Rhyd Ddu which is on the foothills of Mount Snowdon.

Because in Norway we hunt trolls, just like in the movies!

Some people do, some people don't.
The ones who do seem to fall into various categories:
The vehicle;
A particular activity, e.g. cycling, hiking;
A particular hobby, e.g. tractors, motorbikes;
Pets, primarily dogs;
Locations, U.K. and overseas;
Weird and wonderful and just plain wacky.
Did you choose something that you particularly like and want others to see?
Did you choose to convey a message?
Did you choose to ensure that your avatar was immediately recognisable?
I'm interested to know what motivated your avatar decision.
You know who you are.

I'm glad you've been careful with yours.

Just because I like this my early attempt at oil painting!
And it is automotive ...

The last time I managed to plod, stumble, fumble and limp my way round a half marathon before the lockdown came.

Not sure mow when the next one will be, the great north run is in September but with 60,000 entrants I doubt if it will be run.

Cover of Gentle Giant’s eponymous album. Always a fan especially when my uncle (going back to the 70s) was given the vinyl by the group who he’d been giving some saxophone lessons to, back in Pompey.
I thought it was you :)

It's a cute baby orang utan.

Used it for years because it amuses me - nothing more to be said :)

No, just our van, grey, changing from winter to summer or the other way round: all year round fun

From a remote position you directed me across that pass. The Blofeldesque power you felt caused you to change your avatar from the selfie you previously used to the Bond villain.

Ah, sometimes referring to old posts rings a bell (as someone already stated today); so that was you Tom on that Farewell Tour I used to follow on Wordpress :cheers

I don't do pictures and had this to hand. Just checked my phone / 95% are of my dogs.

I have 4 pictures of me out of around 2000 shots. 3 are of me doing a selfie with my old dog who was having a jutting lip moment, with me trying to emulate him.

Because I wanted to know what an Oryx was (as opposed to Onyx, which it ain't)

Back