Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Window blinds

LynandJim

LynandJim

Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
We got our Cali five weeks ago and have been away for a few trips but have I missed something. There are pull down blinds for all the windows and have the curtain blinds for the front windows but cannot find a blind for the little window above the fridge
Is there a blind or are you just supposed to cover it with a towel or something. I don't think it really matters but if someone got up close they could still see inside!!

Ah thanks a lot, will try yo find it tomorrow :)

I'm intrigued:), will have to check tomorrow, we got a safe put into the wardrobe which is handy but not checked for anything else!!!,
Just got back from a festival over bank holiday weekend and it was so good coming back to the van instead of a tent, so cosy!!!

Hi Dan,
Thankyou so much, found it this morning. it's brilliant, we've been stuffing a towel over the window!!!
Any other secrets we might need to know?

Any other secrets we might need to know?
Check out the thread entitled "Things you didn't know your Cali did" to find out more secrets (might not be the exact title but it's fun searching :D)

Regarding blinds for windows,

You might want to look at insulated windscreen blinds.

I use mine, summer or winter. Excellent blackout properties, fit on the outside but "locked on" by the cab door closures, takes 5 minutes to put on, avoids the sort of condensation that occurs if using internal blinds.

Comparatively not terribly expensive, great just for the convenience alone.

Yep I am using mine here at Monza as I will not be pushing off till next Monday.

Normally though I prefer the VW inside ones..as when using the outside ones it's a drag to open the front doors.

Clearly you would never use the outside cover when free camping.....

Yep I am using mine here at Monza as I will not be pushing off till next Monday.

Normally though I prefer the VW inside ones..as when using the outside ones it's a drag to open the front doors.

Clearly you would never use the outside cover when free camping.....

Definitely not.

I use the VW ones then,

You might want to look at insulated windscreen blinds.

I use mine, summer or winter. Excellent blackout properties, fit on the outside but "locked on" by the cab door closures, takes 5 minutes to put on, avoids the sort of condensation that occurs if using internal blinds.

Sounds like a great notion Any particular make ?

Comfortz who advertise on the forum make and sell them.

As above, I use comfortz,

Stayed on in a force 11 storm (flapped around a bit when one mirror tape came loose), been buried in snow, drenched in rain, run over, had one of my dogs pee on them.... and still going strong

As above, I use comfortz,

Stayed on in a force 11 storm (flapped around a bit when one mirror tape came loose), been buried in snow, drenched in rain, run over, had one of my dogs pee on them.... and still going strong
You forgot bulletproof :D

Ha, as in your Spanish/ Portuguese crimefighting escapades.

French,

and have to go back in October, might be Madame in court.... what a bitch ...

Mind you ... Maigret with the bent nose was a bit of a hunk ... and it will be expenses paid .... and I did buy some rather nice wine and would like to buy some more .....

Thanks California Dan,
I thought I best have a look on the forum before a call to dealer about missing blind.