Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Window Tints

lennox

lennox

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hello All

We've just had the van windows tinted (as they were factory standard) with the following results, does anyone know a way round having an odd shaded window?

upload_2017-3-9_16-13-10.jpg

Hello All

We've just had the van windows tinted (as they were factory standard) with the following results, does anyone know a way round having an odd shaded window?

View attachment 19666
That looks a bit odd to me. Did you have factory tints or was it done by the dealer?

Mine was a factory option and was with double glazing too and looks quite different. I attach a couple of photos for you to see. I'd go back to the dealer and complain.

T600VWC_0016.JPG

T600VWC_0017.JPG

T600VWC_0018.JPG

Hello All

View attachment 19666
Did you have the double glazed windows?

If you did then the tinting would be on the inner gazing on the 2 rear sides and tailgate. The side (opening) windows are normal single glazed.

Did you have the double glazed windows?

If you did then the tinting would be on the inner gazing on the 2 rear sides and tailgate. The side (opening) windows are normal single glazed.
So the outer glazing of the 2 rear sides and tail gate would be untinted hence the different look?

There has been reports on here of diffrence in tints between the sliding door window and the one behind...
It has to do with the fact it are diffrent sorts of window i think ,
Diffrent tickness

Agree , thats what i meant .. the tint problally is the same but it looks diffrent caused by the fact it are two diffrent windows in set up.

Agree , thats what i meant .. the tint problally is the same but it looks diffrent caused by the fact it are two diffrent windows in set up.
So, can you explain why my set up does not suffer this way? See photos above. I have double glazing.

No clue ....are they standard tinted or afthermarket ?
Is it the same tint as @lennox is showing ?
As i said there are others who reported this also....i try and do the effort using the seach button later. Now it is time for "pasta and wine"

No clue ....are they standard tinted or afthermarket ?
Is it the same tint as @lennox is showing ?
As i said there are others who reported this also....i try and do the effort using the seach button later. Now it is time for "pasta and wine"
I like the idea of pasta and wine but sadly not for me tonight.

Mine windows are standard factory tints, I think @lennox is after market. this may explain. I have a feeling that both inside glaze and outside glaze are tinted in the factory tint option.

So the outer glazing of the 2 rear sides and tail gate would be untinted hence the different look?
Yes if you walked past it would look odd from rear and front quarters.

I'll have closer look tomorrow but if you had clear double glazing then put a tint on the inner glass it wouldn't show up from an angle. That's why I asked if you had double glazing. Rear tints would in fact be about a cm inside compared to the door window.

There has been reports on here of diffrence in tints between the sliding door window and the one behind...
It has to do with the fact it are diffrent sorts of window i think ,
Diffrent tickness

We had one rear window replaces, because the car was delivered with a wrong tint.

But the problem @lennox asks into, has been mentioned here before. If you tint with foil, and have the double glazed windows, the foil sits on the inner glass, and makes the result look odd.

It was told that some now can foil on the outside, but I am not convinced that will stay nice for long.

The best result is to get the preferred tone ab factory.

Here you can actually see the rear window has same tint as the window in the door, on the passenger side. and the. And the window in the sliding door is darker, and with the correct tint.

All ours is genuine tinted.

IMG_3831.JPG

And the windows behind does not suffer strange reflections

IMG_2857.JPG

Here you can actually see the rear window has same tint as the window in the door, on the passenger side. and the. And the window in the sliding door is darker, and with the correct tint.

All ours is genuine tinted.

View attachment 19679

And the windows behind does not suffer strange reflections

View attachment 19680
Mine is same as yours. See post #2 above.

Edit: All makes sense to me now.

Mine is same as yours. See post #2 above.

Edit: All makes sense to me now.

I am not able to see it clearly. But if it is the case, the inserted window is wrong. We got or changed on waranty.

So, can you explain why my set up does not suffer this way? See photos above. I have double glazing.

You only have the factory tint. The reflection occurs when you put a limo tint on top of a factory tint on a double glazed unit. My photo was taken with a polariser on the camera which exaggerates the look.

Back