California Club Meet Wine meet .... late spring 2017

GrannyJen

GrannyJen

Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
Cali now sold
Would anyone be interested?

Provisionally a wine tasting and a talk by a well known wine writer one evening, A "call my quaff" event another evening with perhaps yours truly sparring with another or same wine writer, possibly a dinner Saturday evening.

Location a few miles from coquelles.

We would do everything to join if it fits our agenda;)

If a bit more interest comes along, otherwise it's a non - starter :)

Well,

It looks as though we can be in business :D

Having said that my diary has changed dramatically with me getting a place in the London marathon :shocked

After the 6th May, before the 8th June. I will give those dates to my wine merchant in France and see what he can do for us.

Might well be interested in this Jen.
Plucking up the courage to take my Cali abroad on my own and doesn't look to be too far?
Let me know when you sort out the details
Gillian

A marathon jen well done you is it your first ?

Yes it is and a bit early for me :shocked

I have a place in Berlin, last week of September, and was training for that when my name came up in a second chance ballot in December. Even though I am probably not ready I just had to say yes. London marathon places are like gold dust :D

It fulfils a promise made to a cancer surgeon 4 years ago, "If you can get me out of this mess then one day I will run a marathon for you"......:D

Regarding this event, I all but cancelled it in December when there was so little interest shown after three months.

If there are sufficient people around who would be interested then let's start again :)

The french wine merchant that I had lined up for the event will not be available now early spring/summer but I could look to fix something yp early October.

So April event is cancelled? I was just getting ready to be excited - Have only just read thread. Sorry.
October is doable but rather not 20-30th as Channel Tunnel prices high (school holidays).

I will be wandering in France with no set itinerary for the middle two weeks of May so I would be interested if anything happens.

Yes it is and a bit early for me :shocked

I have a place in Berlin, last week of September, and was training for that when my name came up in a second chance ballot in December. Even though I am probably not ready I just had to say yes. London marathon places are like gold dust :D

It fulfils a promise made to a cancer surgeon 4 years ago, "If you can get me out of this mess then one day I will run a marathon for you"......:D
It's strange how one can admire cancer surgeons, isn't it. I wasn't keen on foreign doctors but can say for sure that at least one of them holds a place in my heart too.

It's strange how one can admire cancer surgeons, isn't it. I wasn't keen on foreign doctors but can say for sure that at least one of them holds a place in my heart too.

I was fortunate. My surgeon is part of an ENT practice in Harley Street and he is acknowledged as being one of the best for tiny delicate graft work in dangerous places.

He is "foreign", in fact he comes from the same Bedu tribe as my Grandmother :D

I was fortunate. My surgeon is part of an ENT practice in Harley Street and he is acknowledged as being one of the best for tiny delicate graft work in dangerous places.

He is "foreign", in fact he comes from the same Bedu tribe as my Grandmother :D

Ali worked for me and we used to have long discussions about his bedu origins. I tried to remind him to introduce himself properly as Ali, son of Ali of the xyz. He used to bring me food to surprise me. In reality he got me making his foods from scratch where he would buy tins of harissa paste etc. Happy days