Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

winter air

Now you are all up to speed on winter air, are you also keeping your Turn signal fluid topped up in these cold conditions?
I’m afraid my signals about topping have never been fluid.

Temperature was up to 14.5c yesterday, regretting installing that winter air now.

Sad to see the club shop is all out of blinker fluid too.

Bit of a thread resurrection, is it too early to change back to summer air?

Ooh, I changed Mine at the weekend. i did notice that I couldn‘t inflate the tyres to the right pressure so MAYbe I have been a bit premature :Nailbiting

I got some in the January sale, although I think it may be last years.

Not sure if mine has summer or winter air in at the mo I normally just let the dealer service the air.

if I could get the wheels off I’d I could check.

But then I’m not sure what torque I should do my nuts at!

What happens if I can’t get the summer air in before 21st June, will it affect my warranty?

I usually have the 4 seasons air to match the tyres. Unfortunately, there's been a shortage of the spring element this year due to the lock down. :(

Oh, reminds me, Those people asking for recommendation on air pump on the forum need to be told to get the pump with the air season selector function.

Oh, reminds me, Those people asking for recommendation on air pump on the forum need to be told to get the pump with the air season selector function.
I thought you could get the refills fairly cheap?

Maybe you can only get the right stuff in summer from an air conditioning unit. That’s how you get the van looking really cool

I'm keeping my winter air for now and waiting for the new normal air to be available.
I'll be swapping the front air for the back air to even out the wear though. 4 motion owners need not bother.

I'm keeping my winter air for now and waiting for the new normal air to be available.
I'll be swapping the front air for the back air to even out the wear though. 4 motion owners need not bother.
Shouldn’t 4m users be doing a diagonal air swap?

I find that Spring air gives the best ride quality

Don't change the air now! You will introduce viruses that will escape the next tire change

In accordance with Covid-19 Control 5-255/B all compressed air must be passed through a charcoal based filter and fully dried prior to being used to inflate any tyre. This is due to the risk of a tyre blowout releasing an unspecified amount of Covid-19 droplets into the atmosphere.

Of course any bagged/canned during pre 2020 is exempt.

I keep two old air beds for this purpose, one with summer air and the other with winter air mostly used as part of recycling air removed from tyres during change over process

I have stay at home air in mine at the moment will have to change to touring air once this lockdown is over.

Shouldn’t we be considering filtered air this season?
Yes and then there is the choice of high or low pressure air depending on the weather conditions when purchased.

WTO air will be available on the 1st January 2021.

• Haha
Reactions: Loz