Woops! moments

Amarillo

Amarillo

Tom
Super Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Where have you parked your Cali, later returning to it to find that you never locked it?

For me, the only place this has happened is on our driveway at home. Multiple times.

We do not usually lock ourselves into our van when sleeping in it overnight, but that is deliberate.

Like the time I set out to do a walk along the Pembroke coastline
Set the key fob to lock as I walked off
On my way back I could see my van in the distance
Something didn’t look right !
I had left the tailgate wide open for 4 hours.......and nothing was missing :talktothehand

Yesterday I found my Cali locked but with both driver's and passenger's doorwindows fully open. The car was in my driveway at home. I must have accidentally unlocked the car with the remote, and then kept pushing the unlock button which opens the windows. Since no door was opened the car locked itself again. But,of course, it didn't close the windows.....

I had left the tailgate wide open for 4 hours.......and nothing was missing :talktothehand
I did exactly the same at Blackpool Sands beach for a couple of hours, the last door i shut was the sliding one, locked it and walked away forgetting the tailgate was up. Same as you, van fully loaded up and nothing missing.

Years ago I turned the house upside down looking for my car keys, finally decided to look in the vicinity of the car, parked opposite the house, in case I had dropped them the night before and found them hanging in the ignition with the driver's window down. :shocked
Learn't that lesson..

Playing with the vcds, I found a setting to give an audible click when the cali is locked/unlocked. We had driven and parked up, I locked the cali with the keyfob. 50 metres away, I then heard the click sound.....I had activated the unlock by putting my keys in my pocket. Without the click sound, I would have walked away with the cali unlocked.

Just last week parked for 30 mins at Peine del Viento on the south side of La Concha bay in San Sebastián: came back to all windows down! Not raining and nothing taken fortunately: I’ll have to investigate how I did that.

@Alan Andrews you'll be popular on a campsite with that beep lol!

Went to a show and left the back door wide open for 2 hours and nothing stolen wife was going mad. Was sweating for a bit :Nailbiting

Playing with the vcds, I found a setting to give an audible click when the cali is locked/unlocked. We had driven and parked up, I locked the cali with the keyfob. 50 metres away, I then heard the click sound.....I had activated the unlock by putting my keys in my pocket. Without the click sound, I would have walked away with the cali unlocked.

It should lock itself again after a short time if a door isn't opened. This annoys me regularly when I unlock the Cali from the kitchen and by the time I've carried stuff out to it the doors have locked again.

It should lock itself again after a short time if a door isn't opened. This annoys me regularly when I unlock the Cali from the kitchen and by the time I've carried stuff out to it the doors have locked again.
A regular occurrence, that’s why I keep my keys hooked on my belt :)

Lost a set of keys …. searched everywhere.... and again.. and again.... made no sense as I had not been anywhere. Spent much money on another set of keys plus the reset code to tie everything together. More than a year passed - I was having a belated shed clean, throwing out some old paint tins... one seemed still to have paint inside, nearly threw it anyway but had a quick look to see what condition the paint was in. The lost keys were inside the paint tin ??????? !!!!!! so now have a third key that of course no longer works as the coding was changed …. double / treble whoops ?

I have disabled that "feature"

A couple of weeks ago we returned to the car park after wandering around Mallaig for an hour or so to discover we had locked it but left the sliding door open. Oops!

Went to work, left the front door open, wife came back before me some 8 hours later. Wasn’t best pleased!!

Nothing missing, postman left the post just inside the door.

Went to a show and left the back door wide open for 2 hours and nothing stolen wife was going mad. Was sweating for a bit :Nailbiting
Some people have driven off with the tailgate open. ..... :mute

Similar larly I left the side door open all night once!
Similarly i left the side door open all night once!

Just last week parked for 30 mins at Peine del Viento on the south side of La Concha bay in San Sebastián: came back to all windows down! Not raining and nothing taken fortunately: I’ll have to investigate how I did that.

@Alan Andrews you'll be popular on a campsite with that beep lol!
You may not have left them open, our VW sharan opens the windows itself sometime. Research indicates that it has happened to others too. We have not been able to find out how.

Some people have driven off with the tailgate open. ..... :mute

I reversed the van with the tailgate open - right into a neighbours garage in our block! Very small scratch on my paint but she needed a new garage door! :headbang

Within the first couple of months of owning my Cali I reversed it into my driveway slicing off the drivers wing mirror on my gatepost.

I was reversing back in to double check that the garage door was properly closed!

First few weeks of ownership......i closed the lid of the cooker and missed that he burner was not fully off. I only noticed when the base of my travel mug started to melt and the smell of burning plastic became stronger. It ruined the protective wrap i had on the top but other that that it left no marks or damage.

Yesterday I found my Cali locked but with both driver's and passenger's doorwindows fully open. The car was in my driveway at home. I must have accidentally unlocked the car with the remote, and then kept pushing the unlock button which opens the windows. Since no door was opened the car locked itself again. But,of course, it didn't close the windows.....

Did the same on a bmw once on an alps trip, it opened the sunroof too. I didn’t notice for 2 days and it snowed.... for 2 days. have done it on the Cali also on an alps trip but no sunroof and a neighbour with a Caravelle came and told me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I was in an underground Car Park in Turin ( 2.1m headroom) a couple of weeks ago and drove up the ramps and out with the rear tailgate fully open. Good job everything was packed in, nothing fell out.

A few weeks ago I took my friend and our sons to Hickory's for dinner.

We got back to the van to find we hadn't closed the sliding door. Their bikes were there and everything was thankfully untouched!
What a div!