Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Worktop protection

Certainly possible, but it now over a month and a half...

Maybe the Admin have some info, given he is a trade partner?

Worktop Protection Update June 2019

Firstly apologies for the delay with the triple kits that many of you have been waiting for, our manufacturer has been too busy to make a batch of these lately but we have just taken delivery of 20 new kits, some of which have been reserved and will be posted early next week to all those who have paid.

Both double and triple kits are now in stock so if you would like a kit just send us an email to reserve yours as these are selling quickly with all the recently delivered Calis I guess.

Kits are £26.95 payment can be made via PayPal to: ajsmail@blueyonder.co.uk

Or to our bank account, private message or email to get details.

Many thanks,

Andrew & Polly.

Hi Andrew,

I had sent you a PM. Please let me know if available and will make the payment

Hi Andrew, Could i please order a worktop protector? Thanks

Hi Andrew, could you put a picture of the red variations please?
TIA
Ian

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Andrew, Any matt ones available please?

Cheers, will do.

Worktop Protector Update - Aug 2020

After a prolonged period of shielding and the worktop protector manufacturer being closed due to Covid 19, we are hoping to get another batch of these made up shortly.

As he is so busy, we have placed an order for just 10 of each for now to cover the older and newer models with the split worktops. A few of you have been asking for coloured kits, so I will ascertain what colours he has in stock and list them in due course. He is very busy at the moment so cannot guarantee he will produce coloured kits.

Please register your interest by sending me a private message or email to ajsmail@blueyonder.co.uk and please put "worktop protector" in the subject heading.

Many thanks.

Andrew & Polly.

I’ve had these for 4 years after noticing some small scratches on the glass.They are fantastic and as far as I can remember got them off eBay...At the time I think there was a choice of colours but I just went for the opaque...Very durable and wipe down nicely. You do have some leeway when putting them on just need to make sure you get them nice and wet to start oh and an nice new credit card to smooth them down.

Worktop Protector Update 12 August 2020

After months of manufacture lockdown and us shielding, we have just taken delivery of the double and triple kits in the standard frosted kits to match the existing glass. Unfortunately, we only have a few kits as the manufacturer is so busy with Covid related signing etc. Our new batch of postal tubes should arrive in the next day or two.

Please Note: The triple kits are for the T6 model. We understand that the new T6.1 model glass is a few mm wider so there will be a very small gap along the back edge if you are fitting them to your new T6.1.

If you would like your kit please let me know and I will get them sent out asap.

Payment of £27.50 can be sent to our preferred bank account or via PayPal to: ajsmail@blueyonder.co.uk

Many thanks,

Andrew & Polly.

Worktop Protector Update - Aug 2020

After a prolonged period of shielding and the worktop protector manufacturer being closed due to Covid 19, we are hoping to get another batch of these made up shortly.

As he is so busy, we have placed an order for just 10 of each for now to cover the older and newer models with the split worktops. A few of you have been asking for coloured kits, so I will ascertain what colours he has in stock and list them in due course. He is very busy at the moment so cannot guarantee he will produce coloured kits.

Please register your interest by sending me a private message or email to ajsmail@blueyonder.co.uk and please put "worktop protector" in the subject heading.

Many thanks.

Andrew & Polly.

Worktop Protector Update 19 August 2020

The latest batch of worktop protectors have now been sent out so should be arriving soon. For anyone who has purchased a kit, please do read the instructions before fitting them, these were sent to you by private message or email. Please also take a look at our youtube video below:

Fitting Instructions

We should have some photos of the kits fitted to the new T6.1 kitchen in a few days so I will post these on here in due course.

I think we have now responded to all previous emails and private messages informing those who showed previous interest that the kits are now available so the remaining few kits are now available to anyone who wants one.

If you would like your kit please let me know and I will get them sent out asap.

Payment of £27.50 can be sent to our preferred bank account or via PayPal to: ajsmail@blueyonder.co.uk

Many thanks,

Andrew & Polly.

Worktop Protector Update 19 August 2020

The latest batch of worktop protectors have now been sent out so should be arriving soon. For anyone who has purchased a kit, please do read the instructions before fitting them, these were sent to you by private message or email. Please also take a look at our youtube video below:

Fitting Instructions

We should have some photos of the kits fitted to the new T6.1 kitchen in a few days so I will post these on here in due course.

I think we have now responded to all previous emails and private messages informing those who showed previous interest that the kits are now available so the remaining few kits are now available to anyone who wants one.

Many thanks,

Andrew & Polly.
Hi, I have just noticed 2 scratches, one on the fridge lid and onion the cooker lid. It is virtually new and we have been so careful!! I'm guessing from the posts that this can happen quite easily?! Bad design! I see you sell protectors. Mine is a 2019 cali ocean with the split lids. Do you sell these and also the lid for the fridge too? What is the cost and are they all opaque? Are they to protect and curious are they slightly sticky to prevent items slipping? What do you clean them with and can they move once fitted? Or easy to remove if needed?? Thanks in advance.

Hi, I have just noticed 2 scratches, one on the fridge lid and onion the cooker lid. It is virtually new and we have been so careful!! I'm guessing from the posts that this can happen quite easily?! Bad design! I see you sell protectors. Mine is a 2019 cali ocean with the split lids. Do you sell these and also the lid for the fridge too? What is the cost and are they all opaque? Are they to protect and curious are they slightly sticky to prevent items slipping? What do you clean them with and can they move once fitted? Or easy to remove if needed?? Thanks in advance.
Yes to all of the above and definitely worth fitting. We had the same issue. You don’t notice the standard frosted ones but you can get coloured ones.

Yes to all of the above and definitely worth fitting. We had the same issue. You don’t notice the standard frosted ones but you can get coloured ones.
I want it to look like the original so frosted is good! What is the cost for all 3 sections? Do you have stock at present?

We have had these on our California for 4 years..The original glass is very soft and scratches very easily which ours did in no time at all. These cover up any scratches and they just disappear. Another point is that although they are a frosted plastic they are very hard when fitted and won’t mark unlike the glass..Ours are still like new after 4 years..

Worktop Protector Update 25 August 2020

We still have a few Double & Triple kits left for the T5 & T6 models and will be sending some more out later this week.

To answer some recent questions, these kits are slightly opaque / frosted, they do not move once fitted and can be cleaned easily with the usual mild kitchen surface cleaner etc. They don't really stop things slipping even though they are not as shiny as the glass.

Our manufacturer is not making coloured kits at the moment due to Covid19 work pressures.

Fitting Instructions

If you would like your kit please let me know your address and I will get them sent out in the next run to the post office.

For UK purchasers, Payment of £27.50 can be sent to our preferred bank account or via PayPal to: ajsmail@blueyonder.co.uk

European customers, please contact us for a quotation due to slightly higher delivery fees.

Many thanks,

Andrew & Polly.

we fitted these recently. was unable to come back and review on though due to loss of broadband for a month. we found fitting a bit fiddly and struggled to eliminate bubbles which seem to keep reappearing. however got it done and then left for a while before having another look/using the van. seems fine except for the one over the cooker which has been left with a few very small bubbles. I am sure we were just not meticulous enough when laying it. generally pleased and happy with result. would like to know if the protectors are heat resistant (I am sure they are) i.e. what would happen if a hot kettle sat on them? can confirm there is a small gap at the back due to us having the 6.1. but this is OK too. overall would recommend product.

we fitted these recently. was unable to come back and review on though due to loss of broadband for a month. we found fitting a bit fiddly and struggled to eliminate bubbles which seem to keep reappearing. however got it done and then left for a while before having another look/using the van. seems fine except for the one over the cooker which has been left with a few very small bubbles. I am sure we were just not meticulous enough when laying it. generally pleased and happy with result. would like to know if the protectors are heat resistant (I am sure they are) i.e. what would happen if a hot kettle sat on them? can confirm there is a small gap at the back due to us having the 6.1. but this is OK too. overall would recommend product.
Not heat resistant to my knowledge, neither is the glass to point heat sources such as a hot kettle or closing lid on a hot gas burner.

Not heat resistant to my knowledge, neither is the glass to point heat sources such as a hot kettle or closing lid on a hot gas burner.
Does the lid closing not knock off the gas supply to the burners? I will be shocked to the core if it doesn’t. PS not got the van yet to check :)

Does the lid closing not knock off the gas supply to the burners? I will be shocked to the core if it doesn’t. PS not got the van yet to check :)
No. Stopcock L upper corner, L side of kitchen.

So theoretically you could close the lid on a lit burner? surprises me every other cooker I know has a cut off valve on the hinge?
Yes. But you'll only do it once.

Worktop Protector Update 13 December 2020

We have just taken delivery of the latest T6.1 kits and older triple kits for the T6.

If you would like a kit please let me know and I will get them sent out asap.

Many thanks & Happy Christmas

Andrew & Polly.

Back