Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Wrapping top half of your cali

wilde1

wilde1

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hi all, I have a starlight blue ocean and I am interested in going 2 tone as I love the white and blue mix, I would love to hear from anyone that has had there California half wrapped and the quality and look of it. Also any recommendations as such a job wants to be 110% spot on, look forward to any replies and photos

Hi all, I have a starlight blue ocean and I am interested in going 2 tone as I love the white and blue mix, I would love to hear from anyone that has had there California half wrapped and the quality and look of it. Also any recommendations as such a job wants to be 110% spot on, look forward to any replies and photos
Wrapping the top half would be problematic regarding the roof etc.

I've had similar thoughts but as @WelshGas says the wrapping of the top half is likely to be quite a complex job. It would interesting to see whether wrappers would want to take it on.

I've had similar thoughts but as @WelshGas says the wrapping of the top half is likely to be quite a complex job. It would interesting to see whether wrappers would want to take it on.
Also there is the Roof Corrosion problem. Too soon to say if it has been sorted on the T6.1, and I'm not sure how they would deal with the bellows fixing and aerial, unless it is a T6 where there is no aerial.
Bottom half wrapping would be easier.

Also there is the Roof Corrosion problem. Too soon to say if it has been sorted on the 6.1, and I'm not sure how they would deal with the bellows fixing and aerial.
Bottom half wrapping would be easier.
If I recall a couple of years back there was dodgy looking California being sold (by a VW Dealer) that had what looked like a wrapped roof.... wonder why?

@Soton Campers had it done and it looks ace.

When I was speaking with Monster Wraps a few months ago they had top wrapped a Transporter/California. They quoted me the same price as a bottom half wrap. Call them, they were super helpful.

Hi. As others have mentioned I had one of my California's top half wrapped at Monsterwrap. It really is excellent. You are welcome to come and view it for yourself if you like.

It does look fantastic, many thanks for all your replies, these wrapping guys can work magic as long as you get it done by the right people. As I'm sure we are all aware the difference in quality in all trades varies dramatically. Unfortunately monsterwraps is a bit far to travel and I presume it took a few days to complete