Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Yet another leisure battery question (T4)

berg86

berg86

Vehicle
T4 PopTop
Hi!

Could not find an answer trough the search function, but I seem to recall reading somewhere that you need to change some setting in the control panel if replacing the battery type?
I have an 65Ah now and have ordered a 120Ah one to replace it.

Do I need to change any settings for this?

Regards
Fredrik

You’re right. But in your case you don’t need to make any changes as the settings are for the quantity of batteries and type. For a change in capacity you don’t need to alter anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You’re right. But in your case you don’t need to make any changes as the settings are for the quantity of batteries and type. For a change in capacity you don’t need to alter anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ah, I see!
The battery is same brand and type as previous so I should be fine then.

Thank you!

Update:
I fitted a new Tudor Exide 120Ah battery.

Still after charging more than 24hours, battery shows up at around two bars from full, and then drops to half bars after only a few hours (3-4hrs..) running the fridge.
So maybe if was not an old battery problem after all, could this be a ground issue?
Head unit issue?

Thanks in advance, spring is finally arriving here again and the van needs more time outdoors.
And hope you all are safe giving the circumstances we find ourselves in.

Regards
Fredrik

Check the voltage on the display should be 12.6-7 volts fully charged at rest depending on temp, it should be about 14v engine running or charging. The bar display is not reliable.

If its not showing these voltages on the display, check the voltage at the battery if low voltage its not charging, if OK either theres a connection issue or the display is faulty.

Check the voltage on the display should be 12.6-7 volts fully charged at rest depending on temp, it should be about 14v engine running or charging. The bar display is not reliable.

If its not showing these voltages on the display, check the voltage at the battery if low voltage its not charging, if OK either theres a connection issue or the display is faulty.

Yeah, it's 14v while driving or charging, and 12.7+ charged.
It seems to never be full bars though.

While for example starting aux heater and having the fridge on it can drop to 3-4bars then jump back to 6-7 bars when the heater settles.
Guess I'll have to measure voltages trough out the connections and check for faults, routing under fridge seems like a standard faulty area?

Thanks for the input.

Yeah, it's 14v while driving or charging, and 12.7+ charged.
It seems to never be full bars though.

While for example starting aux heater and having the fridge on it can drop to 3-4bars then jump back to 6-7 bars when the heater settles.
Guess I'll have to measure voltages trough out the connections and check for faults, routing under fridge seems like a standard faulty area?

Thanks for the input.

A bit of reading around suggests it might be worth checking the condition of your earth shunt. I believe this can effect the readout if it’s in poor condition.

ce743eeb6924de7b2edefdfc1f91ebdf.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back