Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

017 Cali T6 water cooling system venting.

R

Rooster

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204
Pretty new in this lovely forum. Anybody to tell me how to vent air in the cooling system?. Thx.

can You provide some background info ?

what are the symptoms?
why do you believe there is air in the cooling system ?

Have you drained the system (partially or fully ) or carried out some work that may have allowed air into the system ?

Any trapped air in the engine will naturally make it's way to the header tank. It will bubble up there and cause the level to drop. You need to run the engine until it's hot and have the heating on in the cab. As Hong Kong phooey above says...why?

Thanks, Perfectos and Flying Banana for your prompt responses. Much appreciated!
1. Yes, I did a full drainage and filled the system with a new cooling water. However I was not sure that air has been expelled from the system.
2. Flying Banana, grateful for your response. Indeed I checked that there is a steady feed back to the header tank. However the volume flow is not very high. I take it this is normal.
Greetings

Thanks, Perfectos and Flying Banana for your prompt responses. Much appreciated!
1. Yes, I did a full drainage and filled the system with a new cooling water. However I was not sure that air has been expelled from the system.
2. Flying Banana, grateful for your response. Indeed I checked that there is a steady feed back to the header tank. However the volume flow is not very high. I take it this is normal.
Greetings
the main coolant flow will be around the engine and radiators via the water pump. only a small flow will go up to the header tank through expansion. sometimes they are called expansion tanks

the main coolant flow will be around the engine and radiators via the water pump. only a small flow will go up to the header tank through expansion. sometimes they are called expansion tanks
Great! That completes the response and closes the case.Thanks again.

Back