Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

2024 Travel Plans

B

BeeBee

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Let’s hear lots of travel plans for this Spring and coming Summer. We always pick up great ideas from this forum.
Our van goes in next week for an MOT and service and thereafter ‘ready for adventures’.
Tavish always has his bag ‘ready to roll’

IMG_4752.jpeg

12th May, overnight ferry from Harwich to Hook of Holland. Turn L and head North to Norway. Hope to visit Lysebotn and Trollstigen. Couldn't get there last year due to roads closed due to snow and a landslide, but I travelled earlier then.
Screenshot_20240407_090655_Maps~2.jpg

12th May, overnight ferry from Harwich to Hook of Holland. Turn L and head North to Norway. Hope to visit Lysebotn and Trollstigen. Couldn't get there last year due to roads closed due to snow and a landslide, but I travelled earlier then.
View attachment 121596
I guess the weather may be a little more conducive, sounds a braw trip.

View attachment 121596

In our scheme of things that’s a pretty adventurous trip, but it doesn’t surprise me as in our household you are known as the ‘go to guy’… right at the outset when we first got our van ( 5 years now) you helped with our ‘newbie’ issues…how to fit the floor Anchor, the spare wheel Safeguard.
Have a great trip.

Few local 2 nighters to try things out then two weeks in Brittany in July followed by Edinburgh for the festival in August.

Sailing to Bilbao end of May returning from Santander middle of July. 7 weeks to go around Spain and Portugal in some format! Or just Spain. Or Spain and France. :)
If you like BIG views and mountains the Pyrenees from West to East is a blast....hopping between Spain and France every week :thumb

Netherlands next week, Scottish tour in June followed by Norfolk and Suffolk, then a tour of Netherlands, Germany, Luxembourg and Belgium in September. Various one/two nighters in between. Oh, Somerset with the grandkids in August.
All very different types of holiday, which is why I love this van. :cheers

Old Oaks, Glastonbury in May for a week, Camper Jam in July, Thorning Farm, Pembrokeshire in September for a week with Busfest on the way home!! Hope to get a couple of weekenders in between, pending work commitments!

County Wexford and Waterford from Aberdeenshire in late spring. Ferry from Cairnryan.
That’s a fair drive from your part of the world. We’re off to Ireland in June, same ferry crossing, but not far from Southside Glasgow.

That’s a fair drive from your part of the world. We’re off to Ireland in June, same ferry crossing, but not far from Southside Glasgow.

Yep should be quite a trip, looking forward to it. We went to Orkney last year but that was a hire van so this will be the vans 1st tour. Some local shakedown trips in the meantime.

Switzerland Jungfrau in June first real trip in new van any tips ?

Last edited:
Let’s hear lots of travel plans for this Spring and coming Summer. We always pick up great ideas from this forum.
Our van goes in next week for an MOT and service and thereafter ‘ready for adventures’.
Tavish always has his bag ‘ready to roll’

View attachment 121595
Great thread

Heading to Europe end of April for 10 days, France, Belgium, Netherlands, Germany, France, Home.

our first European trip so excited for it.

Heading to Europe end of April for 10 days, France, Belgium, Netherlands, Germany, France, Home.

our first European trip so excited for it.
Blimey, sounds like a whirlwind rush! :D I'm all for road tripping but 5 countries in 5 days!?

Back