Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

2024 Travel Plans

26/5 to 26/6 Channel Tunnel, to Rome, sailing Civitavecchia/Olbia, Sardinia then Santa Teresa/Bonifacio, Corsica then Bastia/Toulon, France, it's been on our wish list too long!
We are heading to Corsica, have you managed to pre-book any campsites, doesn’t seem too easy to find places?

Lauterbrunnen for 2 weeks end Augsut into September......and lots of weekend and long weekends.

Blimey, sounds like a whirlwind rush! :D I'm all for road tripping but 5 countries in 5 days!?
France is for travelling through!, only 1 night there on way back before the Shuttle.

A week in Kent before ending up in London in May, then a 4 week tour of Orkney and Shetland starting late July.
Will have a couple of weekends in the New Forest as well.

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

I am tempted!
One up for the pyrenees. We were there the summer before last and even though we knew we love the mountains, we were still surprised at how great it feels to be there. If you go that way, I've a nice walk I can recommend.

We are heading to Corsica, have you managed to pre-book any campsites, doesn’t seem too easy to find places?
Depending on what you are looking for I can suggest some camp sites on Corsica. We've been there 3 times now. One of the most beautiful destinations in Europe if you ask me. Are you going in summer or during the year (which makes a huge difference when it comes to sites and things being busy).

After four trips to Norway over the past five years, I am now considering the Route des Grandes Alpes in France. Should be excellent driving and scenery, combined with fresh croissants every day.
I'm a bit worried that it will be overcrowded in July/August though...

Off next week for 2 months - Denmark, Germany, Austria, Slovenia, Croatia (Istria) then back via N Italy and France. Main focus is Austria and Slovenia via a family event in Denmark!
Give me a wave if you see us (Silver 2012 Berghaus).

Depending on what you are looking for I can suggest some camp sites on Corsica. We've been there 3 times now. One of the most beautiful destinations in Europe if you ask me. Are you going in summer or during the year (which makes a huge difference when it comes to sites and things being busy).
We are heading over by ferry from Livorno on 14th June until 5th July, any ideas gratefully received.

IMG_7425.jpeg
Just finished a fortnight with the kids circumnavigating France (admittedly on an inner ring-road!) - down to Avignon via Beaune and then the Camargue, then Marseille and back up via Ruffec.

In the summer we'll be back to France. A week in the Dordogne and then a lakeside Huttopia site in the Cantal.

There'll be a week in Wales in summer half term ticking off castles and historical monuments.

And we'll be at the Greenbelt Festival over the August bank holiday.

View attachment 121775
Just finished a fortnight with the kids circumnavigating France (admittedly on an inner ring-road!) - down to Avignon via Beaune and then the Camargue, then Marseille and back up via Ruffec.

In the summer we'll be back to France. A week in the Dordogne and then a lakeside Huttopia site in the Cantal.

There'll be a week in Wales in summer half term ticking off castles and historical monuments.

And we'll be at the Greenbelt Festival over the August bank holiday.

Apart from the UK, we will be going to Holland next week to visit the Tulip Fields and then further explore northern Holland and Germany.

In September, 2 weeks in our favourite destination near Freiburg, Germany.

We take 2 dogs with us and last year obtained German Pet Passports to avoid the expensive UK/EU "Animal Health Export Certificate"

After four trips to Norway over the past five years, I am now considering the Route des Grandes Alpes in France. Should be excellent driving and scenery, combined with fresh croissants every day.
I'm a bit worried that it will be overcrowded in July/August though...
I did the Route des Grandes Alpes last August on my motorbike. Its incredibly popular with motorcyclists and cyclists. Just don't go when the Tour de France is on and you will be fine. The scenery is stunning. I did it in reverse, starting at Monaco. Drove back up afterwards via the B500 Black Forest in Germany which is a lovely route also.

I did the Route des Grandes Alpes last August on my motorbike. Its incredibly popular with motorcyclists and cyclists. Just don't go when the Tour de France is on and you will be fine. The scenery is stunning. I did it in reverse, starting at Monaco. Rode back up afterwards via the B500 Black Forest in Germany which is a lovely route also.

Cherbourg from Poole in early June for a two week potter in northern France.. The big advantage for us is that you can overnight in the queue on the dock on the way out and we are hoping to do the same on the way back as we don’t drive at night. Only one driver and combined age 163.

Sailing to Bilbao end of May returning from Santander middle of July. 7 weeks to go around Spain and Portugal in some format! Or just Spain. Or Spain and France. :)
Have you sailed before? Contemplating it but worried will b choppy and not the relaxing experience I’d like to start and end the holiday- I don’t hve sea legs!!!

Cornwall to Romania and all countries in between. Following a trail of World Heritage Sites and high landscapes.
Anyone recommend anywhere in Romania/Hungary?
Can't help you, but sounds fun :thumb

Have you sailed before? Contemplating it but worried will b choppy and not the relaxing experience I’d like to start and end the holiday- I don’t hve sea legs!!!
Did the Santander route in February; going down was delightful, coming back up was more interesting. Delayed 12 hours then once out at sea it was very bouncy to say the least. Good way to access that area though.

Back