Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

3 seat beach bed... sorry!

Thanks. So in my letter to Swansway you suggest that I let them know I will go to VW UK if they don't rectify?
No. You need to be clear, concise and assertive, but not threatening. Let them know what they need to do to make you go away. If you do all that, it will be implicit that you will not let the matter drop.

I do wonder if the dealer realises how many potential customers read this forum ! And the damage the dealer does to customers and how many potential sales are lost as a result of under hand dealing
This is the second instance I am aware of with swansway not playing with a straight Bat !

If I’m aware other potential customers will be

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Received this from them this morning. As you can see they still seem to insist the correct part is only available as a factory order but he's still been able to order it.... why not order the correct one in the first instance?!

I saw those videos the other day and checked the spec of the vehicle. That mattress came with the vehicle from factory which yours does not as I have already explained multiple times however I digress. I was calling to let you know that I’ve ordered the mattress you want and as soon as it arrives you can drop by and swap them over.

Kind regards

Mark

Mark Wesson

Parts Manager

Volkswagen Van Centre (Birmingham)

Received this from them this morning. As you can see they still seem to insist the correct part is only available as a factory order but he's still been able to order it.... why not order the correct one in the first instance?!

I saw those videos the other day and checked the spec of the vehicle. That mattress came with the vehicle from factory which yours does not as I have already explained multiple times however I digress. I was calling to let you know that I’ve ordered the mattress you want and as soon as it arrives you can drop by and swap them over.

Kind regards

Mark

Mark Wesson

Parts Manager

Trying to save face. Will never admit they were wrong in the first place.
Once you have the correct mattress just say thank you and send him the Forum link to this thread.

Hallelujah. What a shame they've done it with such bad grace.

What he says is almost unintelligible. He seems to imply that because the mattress comes from the factory it is the wrong mattress!

Still, he appears to have backed down, just doesn’t want to eat humble pie.

Result...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What he says is almost unintelligible. He seems to imply that because the mattress comes from the factory it is the wrong mattress!

Still, he appears to have backed down, just doesn’t want to eat humble pie.

Result...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
My thoughts exactly...

Prefect well done

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seems the best way to approach any interaction with VW dealers is to set your expectation so low that just getting normal service warrants celebration!
Maybe its part of a long term strategy to lower the benchmark of customer expectation, ready for those Feedback calls when they ask if you "delighted" with their service!

Kind regards

Mark

Mark Wesson

Parts Manager

Good news... lets hope it’s the correct one!

Seems the best way to approach any interaction with VW dealers is to set your expectation so low that just getting normal service warrants celebration!
Maybe its part of a long term strategy to lower the benchmark of customer expectation, ready for those Feedback calls when they ask if you "delighted" with their service!
Seemingly So! Very sad really.

Well it has finally arrived... Collected from the stealer today. Will unpack it tomorrow and see if/ how much better the correct part is. Once again thanks to all of you for your help, input and support.

Great news...

Don’t forget to fully document the packaging clearly showing the part no, size, thickness etc!

Did they make you hand over the old incorrect one?

hi 2haw

yes I've checked the part number and it is as it should be... at least the label says it is

yes they had the old part back...

Unfortunately it's necessary to hound Dealers to rectify *anything* once they already have your money.

I've found giving the impression that you will never stop until they concede is essential, but also to then accept the solution with good grace once resolved.

My van came without the cruise control option listed in the advert - it took over a year, but eventually the Dealer paid a third-party directly to retrofit. I got what I'd paid for & thanked them for putting it right.

hi 2haw

yes I've checked the part number and it is as it should be... at least the label says it is

yes they had the old part back...

Calibeach,

So, for confirmation for me and others in the future, was the mattress the correct one? Did it fully flatten the rear seat?

Cheers.

Bonjour.

Sorry in France with limited internet. In the camper with the new mattress. I can confirm it is the correct one. Yes it fully flattens the rear seat and is excellent. An honest appraisal would be that it is firm. If you like a firm but not imho uncomfortable surface it is perfect. We use a top spec out well sleeping bag on top which provides a semi topper effect. If you prefer a softer sleeping surface my advice would be this plus a 2" memory foam or a down topper. Hope that helps mes amis.
A bientot

Back