Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

3 seat beach bed... sorry!

How much of your £1200 voucher did they steal for that mattress?

I find it hard to believe that is even the correct mattress for the 2 seat bench Beach - perhaps someone can confirm.
I'd love someone with a 2 seat Beach to be able to confirm if mine is indeed the same ad theirs.

@kp64zl are you able to confirm is the matress that Calibeach 76 is indeed a two seater matress the same as yours ?

Hi @Perfectos

I don't have a "VW comfort" mattress in my 2-seat beach -- just a Zonesleep Ultra Topper that is perfectly flat. No bumps, lumps etc. That's because the bench seat, when in bed configuration is also perfectly flat.

Looks like the mattress in the photo of @calibeach76 is also perfectly flat so I would agree that they have been given the wrong mattress.

As it was an additional purchase, it will come down to what was ordered by the customer.

A mattress for the van, or;

The comfort mattress that comes with a new van.

If the former, it will turn on whether it was reasonable for the dealer to supply the mattress without discussing alternatives, or its shortcomings.

As it was an additional purchase, it will come down to what was ordered by the customer.

A mattress for the van, or;

The comfort mattress that comes with a new van.

If the former, it will turn on whether it was reasonable for the dealer to supply the mattress without discussing alternatives, or its shortcomings.
I ORDERED A COMFORT MATTRESS FOR THE 3 SEAT BEACH. THE PART I HAVE BEEN SUPPLIED WITH IS INCORRECT AND IS NOT THE PART NUMBER FOR MY MODEL. END OF

I ORDERED A COMFORT MATTRESS FOR THE 3 SEAT BEACH. THE PART I HAVE BEEN SUPPLIED WITH IS INCORRECT AND IS NOT THE PART NUMBER FOR MY MODEL. END OF
In that case, the dealer has not a leg to stand on. But beware, if it goes to the small claims' court the dealer might lie, and the judge might prefer the dealer's version of events. It is far better to resolve without litigation.

Here you go guys. This is what I was provided with for a 3 seat Beach...

View attachment 53264
Are all the sections of the mattress the same thickness? If all the same it definitely isn't the mattress for the 2 seater bench. (The rear section of the mattress on the 2 seat bench is thicker or thinner - I can't remember which and I'm not with the van to check right now).

Wow, this is almost as exciting as the Rotherhithe Tunnel saga, eagerly awaiting your successful outcome! :)
Hence my caution. The Rotherhithe tunnel saga did not turn out as expected.

We also have not heard a resolution to the poor couple being taken to the first tier tribunal for parking their Ocean outside their home when there is a no caravan restriction in the lease.

The matter should now be easier to resolve since the reclassification of an Ocean’s body type from a motor caravan to MPV.

Reactions: Loz
Are all the sections of the mattress the same thickness? If all the same it definitely isn't the mattress for the 2 seater bench. (The rear section of the mattress on the 2 seat bench is thicker or thinner - I can't remember which and I'm not with the van to check right now).
Hi, no the rearmost section is much thicker and the two other sections the same thickness. I know mine is the 2 seat part as the part number corresponds with the VW own exploded part diagram fir the 2 seat version...m

Hi, no the rearmost section is much thicker and the two other sections the same thickness. I know mine is the 2 seat part as the part number corresponds with the VW own exploded part diagram fir the 2 seat version...m
Oh right yes that is the mattress for the 2 seater then. Sorry I thought you were unsure what version it was or if it was even a VW part. I THINK that the 2 seater bench version of the Beach is the "default" version as far as VW are concerned (when we ordered ours new the 2 seater was the one the configurator has as "standard") so it might be that when your dealer ordered it, they did not specify the order was for the 3 seater. Can you ask to see their order to put the screws on them and keep the pressure up? Good luck, you'll get it sorted I am sure.

Cheers lemondrop. i originally didn't know what the part was but 2haw and others have helped me out through my investigations. it appears , like you say, a default order was made and processed but it has resulted in the wrong part being supplied to me. the part provided is like perfecto says "not fit for purpose".. all 7 have asked for is for them to send me the right one and correct their error.

You have not got what you ordered, end of. Why or how they made the mistake is their problem not yours and they HAVE to supply you with what you have ordered as currently they are in breach of contract.

As others have said just take it step by step and escalate as necessary. I doubt you will have to go as far as small claims if you get VW HQ involved and go above the dealers head. If they don't give you what you have ordered say you will escalate your complaint and carry that out right to the top.

You have not got what you ordered, end of. Why or how they made the mistake is their problem not yours and they HAVE to supply you with what you have ordered as currently they are in breach of contract.

As others have said just take it step by step and escalate as necessary. I doubt you will have to go as far as small claims if you get VW HQ involved and go above the dealers head. If they don't give you what you have ordered say you will escalate your complaint and carry that out right to the top.
Thanks and agree. Frustrating that the only I've had back from the business manager/ sales manager today is to ask if my issue is that I have been provided with a 2 rather than 3 seater comfort mattress...

Thanks and agree. Frustrating that the only I've had back from the business manager/ sales manager today is to ask if my issue is that I have been provided with a 2 rather than 3 seater comfort mattress...
That sounds like it might be positive to me. It sounds as though they are trying to establish the facts and the fact is that you have been provided with a 2 rather than 3 seater comfort mattress and if they take back your 2 seater and give you a 3 seater mattress you'll be happy...right?

That sounds like it might be positive to me. It sounds as though they are trying to establish the facts and the fact is that you have been provided with a 2 rather than 3 seater comfort mattress and if they take back your 2 seater and give you a 3 seater mattress you'll be happy...right?
Yes that's all I am and have ever asked for! Shame I've had to battle. I don't mind if people admit their mistakes at all. We are all only human.

Yes that's all I am and have ever asked for! Shame I've had to battle. I don't mind if people admit their mistakes at all. We are all only human.

Maybe they are so ignorant that they don’t realise they have made a mistake.

Never attribute malice to something that could be explained by ignorance.

Maybe they are so ignorant that they don’t realise they have made a mistake.

Never attribute malice to something that could be explained by ignorance.
In some instances I'm inclined to agree. In this however I think that would be too generous...

Dealer parts manager is insisting that the part is correct as it's what was "booked against my vehicle by reg and there's no other option for an aftermarket comfort mattress" :headbang
they are trying to tell me that the correct part is only available when factory ordered.... it is the same response I have now been getting from them for months. what can I do next? they seem totally intransigent and won't replace the part.

Post#6 - part number, did you show him the part number
before you started swearing at him.

Calibeach, have you asked for a price from another VW dealer parts department for the correct part number? It’s worth finding out a price and availability?

I appreciate you've had it a while but I’d be tempted to dump it on his desk and demand a refund.

Calibeach, have you asked for a price from another VW dealer parts department for the correct part number? It’s worth finding out a price and availability?

I appreciate you've had it a while but I’d be tempted to dump it on his desk and demand a refund.
Hi, yes from Worcester and availability in Central stock with a 3 day estimated delivery...

Post#6 - part number, did you show him the part number
before you started swearing at him.
supplied the correct part number, photos of the correct part, videos of CaliChris setting up the correct mattress in a 3 seat Beach on you tube but no the computer says the one they've sent me is the ONLY ONE!

Back