Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

30 years special & wheel queries

Looks Stunning how’s the ride??
My coil overs are here at vw but the vans not yet?
Can’t wait

Ride seems really good

But so far only driven about 10 miles on decent roads so yet to try tracks etc... was supposed to be going away this weekend but annoyingly the boy got struck down with a sickness bug at the last minute.. so now stranded at home

Really does look smart not the run of the mill nice you are brave enough to make it exactly how you wanted it,exactly the way to go in my opinion.keep us posted on ride and the new rack when it’s finished

Nice. Who’s doing the anodising and how much?
I get a load of adonising done for work. Just stripped the bike rack and sent it to Badger adonising in Birmingham. I’ve got some bits powder coated grey, and some bits adonised red. Hoping it comes out well and I can remember how to put it back together

I get a load of adonising done for work. Just stripped the bike rack and sent it to Badger adonising in Birmingham. I’ve got some bits powder coated grey, and some bits adonised red. Hoping it comes out well and I can remember how to put it back together
You did the hardest part taking it apart
Putting back together is easy

Nearly there. Went for the VW approved Eibach coil overs in the end. Decided it was worth the extra cash to avoid disappointment and potentially having to do/spend more in the long run.... stuck with the 18’s and very happy with the result. Lowered around 45mm... May even raise slightly? I’ll see how we go. Powder coated my side bars too to match the grey wheels and grey mirrors and roof on my 30
Years.. Very happy. Will post pics of my pimped bike rack too when it’s back from the adonisers!

View attachment 49220

View attachment 49221

View attachment 49222

View attachment 49223
Hi Alpen,

Love the wheels, would like those for winter wheels, are you able to advise if they are weight rated for the California.

Looks absolutely Awsome!!!!
Any feedback on the suspension now it’s been on a while??
Yeah it’s really good! Mines about 45mm but doesn’t feel any stiffer than my BMW on standard shocks. Really good road holding, and so far no clearance issues although I haven’t had anything too horrendous terrain wise so far.

Really glad I got the coil overs. All about the stance Feels like the perfect compromise height v looks v practicality

That’s exactly what I wanted to hear Thankyou...mine have arrived and sat at the dealers but the van hasn’t :mad: looking forward to it even more now though....
Also I couldn’t agree more with the stance/looks/ride quality....
Your van really does look awesome!!!!
I think when your spending so much money on a California you need to be able to make your van look how you want it to look without compromising the warranty...vw doing these approved coil overs is great and well over due.

That’s exactly what I wanted to hear Thankyou...mine have arrived and sat at the dealers but the van hasn’t :mad: looking forward to it even more now though....
Also I couldn’t agree more with the stance/looks/ride quality....
Your van really does look awesome!!!!
I think when your spending so much money on a California you need to be able to make your van look how you want it to look without compromising the warranty...vw doing these approved coil overs is great and well over due.
That’s what I thought in the end. I’ve basically spent an extra £4K to get it looking how I wanted it, without risking warranty etc. It’s not that much in comparison to the cost of the van. The wheels actually cost me less than the standard vw 18” upgrade and I still kept my spare wheel too.

They are load rated for vans
Thanks for that, did find them on there web site local dealer offering them for £260 a corner very reasonable.

Thanks again.

Thanks for that, did find them on there web site local dealer offering them for £260 a corner very reasonable.

Thanks again.
I paid £1555 for all 4 with good year tyres.. Larkspeed Leeds. Everyone else was offering with Falkens for similar money but I thought the Good years looked better

Thanks for that I have the Goodyears Asymmetric 3's on my BBS's wanted the other ones for winter and all season tyres

Hi picture of my van on 30mm lowering springs and 16inch wheels.
Cost £300 plus vat at dealer, probably the best value option vw do!
One thought, if you go lower and fit a towbar mounted bike carrier you will seriously limit campsite access on undulating ground.

20190605_162016.jpg

Hi Alpen,

Love the wheels, would like those for winter wheels, are you able to advise if they are weight rated for the California.
Just to butt in, I couldn't find any reference to actual load rating but this should settle any worries.

Thank you it does put your mind at ease.

Back