Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Access behind RCBO

J

James Sansum

Jimmer
VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Hi All - does anyone know how to access behind the RCBO?
There appears to be two little fasteners / rivet holding the panel in place but can not undo?
Need to check cables behind as no ‘live’ feed going through to charging unit for leisure batteries.
Thanks a lot

I don´t know what a RCBO is. :confused:
It is a residual current circuit breaker, basically a combined rcd and mcb so you have earth leakage protection and overcurrent protection in one device.

Nor do I, but I want one!
Could be Residual Current Breaker O******
If it is the same as mine then it seems to fixed to the inside of the panel with double sided tape.

Residual Current Circuit-Breaker. Found it.
Fi-Schalter in german.

Welsh gas posted a pic of the wiring set up somewhere.
He always recommends that you check the charging unit is plugged
in, could be found above the rear leisure battery.

Hi All - does anyone know how to access behind the RCBO?
There appears to be two little fasteners / rivet holding the panel in place but can not undo?
Need to check cables behind as no ‘live’ feed going through to charging unit for leisure batteries.
Thanks a lot
The Mains Power to the Battery Charger does not go via the RCBO.

Hi All, thanks for this. Was trying to check mains power loom prior to a trip to Scotland. I wanted to check whether loon cable to charging unit was live further back as have a problem with iec plug going into charging unit. The plug head has no live feed. I didn’t want to take drastic action by chopping off iec plug to test before made sure for certain it is the plug head causing the problem. So, I thought to try to test loom cable and disconnect behind mains external connection entry point. As have power through to 240v socket on side of kitchen unit so probably testing the loom further back would make no difference as it’s obviously a problem from where loom splits off to charging unit.
Btw, the RCB appears to be called an RCBO on VW diagram docs I thought.
Many thanks

Back