Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

ACSI

Any one advise what months are are not elegible for discounts (high season)

Alan
Hi Alan, I've looked at various site entries and they vary but there is a trend. On the whole most are not valid after 1st week in July until last week in August. Like I say though they vary and there are other times as well.

Screenshot of one

79171f4b56538e6fc5551b705311765a.png

Mike

Hi all, we are traveling to France for the first time in April and have just purchased the ACSI card and wondered what experience people have had with availability at this time of year and the need to book sites using the card - would you
1. Plan and book all sites before leaving UK
2. Book a few before leaving along the proposed route and fill in the gaps as you go
3. Book nothing and just turn up / phone day before arrival

The only way I can find to book is to go though the campsites own web site and pay a deposit (no mention of ACSI card), so would I still get the ACSI discount when I turned up / pay balance ?

Hi all, we are traveling to France for the first time in April and have just purchased the ACSI card and wondered what experience people have had with availability at this time of year and the need to book sites using the card - would you
2. Book a few before leaving along the proposed route and fill in the gaps as you go

The only way I can find to book is to go though the campsites own web site and pay a deposit (no mention of ACSI card), so would I still get the ACSI discount when I turned up / pay balance ?
Last point 1st. Probably.

First Point - ? Check the sites are open. The ASCI App is very useful for this. The Campsite could be Open but with limited facilities especially in the North. If Open you shouldn't have a problem. I would only consider pre-booking if there is some " Must Stay Here " site that is in a very popular location such as next to a Must See Destination.

Last point 1st. Probably.

First Point - ? Check the sites are open. The ASCI App is very useful for this. The Campsite could be Open but with limited facilities especially in the North. If Open you shouldn't have a problem. I would only consider pre-booking if there is some " Must Stay Here " site that is in a very popular location such as next to a Must See Destination.

Thank you WG, given the time of year I was hoping that would be the case ie no need to book

We usually go to France in June. Previously had a caravan so booked sites beforehand, although never full. One advantage of a camper van is that I think it would be easier just to find somewhere else if a particular site is full, or, if needs be, just find somewhere suitable to park up overnight

We just turned up at the sites, either struggled with schoolgirl French or put out of our misery by receptionist 's excellent English. Price is always that quoted on app except sometimes with a small local authority fee.
Only turned away once last year from a super site on the Med that only had a few ASCI (cheap) pitches.
The app satnav is pretty decent and we enjoy reading the reviews, any site rated near/over 8.0 we found to be excellent.
There are many sites in popular areas not in the app that will state on roadside signs that they charge the same rates as ACSI.
The app shows the opening/applicable dates of the sites and states if pools etc are in commission.
You will love it!

Beware , discount is only in low season....
We never book up front as we never go high season , travel with the flow/weather and have a Cali so we don't realy plan...

The idea of ACSI is it a low season discount scheme where you just turn up. If you prebook you won’t get the discount. If you have the book with campsites in it gives you the dates the discount applicable and the amount ie between €11 and €19 and includes hook up. Gives sat nav coordinates which will take you to gate and telephone number for site. We have been to Spain 9 times never really had a problem, but never go kids holidays. If travelling a long way to a site we usually check if they are open. Think we have had a couple that were closed.

C81F1728-81B9-45BB-9D9F-F2406F542DD8.jpeg

We have been staying almost exclusively at ACSI Camping Card sites since mid September.

We have always just turned up. Twice we have encountered a problem. Rome: campsite closed; Naples: campsite closed. Both boasted 365 day opening.

We also turned up at a 13 Euro site wanting 5 Euros extra per child ridiculous... in the end they agreed to charge for just one child, and when we came to pay they forgot to charge for the one child.

Follow my blog: www.au-revoir.eu

Back