Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Adding 230v connection

Hi just joined as you came up on a Google search I am wanting to put a split charge system in and a 240V hookup can you tell me where you bought all your bits especially sockets. I'd thought about putting a plate over the seat panel but like your idea. Is that a Webasto heater vent? I want to add that next year so interesting you didn't put LB under drivers seat which most T5 owners seem to suggest. I've saved your pics but if you have any others and advice I'd be really grateful.

The electrical bits are from my store at work as I work in the electrical field. The sockets are from a company called CAK tanks based in Kenilworth. The will pop up on google search
The Webasto is mounted under the van.

If you need any more info, let me know. Happy to help

The electrical bits are from my store at work as I work in the electrical field. The sockets are from a company called CAK tanks based in Kenilworth. The will pop up on google search
The Webasto is mounted under the van.

If you need any more info, let me know. Happy to help
Thanks mate I will take a look I'll tackle the split charge and hook up but will need to find someone for the Webasto. Looking at the pics you didn't need to take the carpet out to get cable from battery/ hook up connector down to the drivers seat or am I missing a pic?

Thanks mate I will take a look I'll tackle the split charge and hook up but will need to find someone for the Webasto. Looking at the pics you didn't need to take the carpet out to get cable from battery/ hook up connector down to the drivers seat or am I missing a pic?

You do have to remove the glove box etc to get cables over towards central bulkhead. Feed down towards hand-brake. Lift the carpet to get across the seat from the rear about a foot-ish.

As for Webasto, you might want to get in touch with Slidepods on here. I believe he is now an official dealer and knows the California Beach platform very well.

His work looks a very good standard

You do have to remove the glove box etc to get cables over towards central bulkhead. Feed down towards hand-brake. Lift the carpet to get across the seat from the rear about a foot-ish.

As for Webasto, you might want to get in touch with Slidepods on here. I believe he is now an official dealer and knows the California Beach platform very well.

His work looks a very good standard
Great thanks mate. What's the make of you sockets please. It seems to have a surface mount back box that is hard to find , any makes part numbers appreciated

If you have a look in their catalogue. I used the CBE Modular stuff. Page 88.
I would have used the twin sockets faceplate, however i had to pack them out because of the depth of the socket backbox using (pg 89) MAD/G 10mm distance ring. No distance ring for twins only singles.
I think i used 3 of these per socket and then MP22B/G S/O and the module cornice and frame and back box on page 89 50mm.
The reason i had to pack them out was because of the depth of the S/O which meant there wasn't enough room because of the leisure battery. Obviously that wasn't an issue on the drivers seat as their is no leisure battery their, but to make it all look uniform, i did the same on that side also.

I should think it makes it easier to pu a plug in the socket too mate. I'll take a look thanks.

Just a word of warning to Kevin that you may find a Webasto fitter and converter very close to your location. They 'fitted' my heater but I would never trust them with my vehicle again. Fuel line led over an exhaust, trim broken and other bits cut with what looked like a blunt carving knife.Got it all sorted now but was not impressed at all.

Great thanks mate. What's the make of you sockets please. It seems to have a surface mount back box that is hard to find , any makes part numbers appreciated
Just a word of warning to Kevin that you may find a Webasto fitter and converter very close to your location. They 'fitted' my heater but I would never trust them with my vehicle again. Fuel line led over an exhaust, trim broken and other bits cut with what looked like a blunt carving knife.Got it all sorted now but was not impressed at all.

Who did your Webasto Owen h...???

All electrics and batteries in seat bases, sourced OEM bracket and ducting for webasto to route through step and b pillar but the tank and shower...... still no winner.....cak don't even make one as big as 50l

Hi SlidePod, I am very curious where You hide 50l water tank :) Please post some pictures and info about this topic. thanks Ivan

Hi SlidePod, I am very curious where You hide 50l water tank :) Please post some pictures and info about this topic. thanks Ivan

We fit it in front of the spare wheel under the chassis. The tank is specific for the t5 t6 chassis

I would have used the twin sockets faceplate, however i had to pack them out because of the depth of the socket backbox using (pg 89) MAD/G 10mm distance ring. No distance ring for twins only singles.
I think i used 3 of these per socket and then MP22B/G S/O and the module cornice and frame and back box on page 89 50mm.
The reason i had to pack them out was because of the depth of the S/O which meant there wasn't enough room because of the leisure battery. Obviously that wasn't an issue on the drivers seat as their is no leisure battery their, but to make it all look uniform, i did the same on that side also.
Place on Billingshurst Rd. Trade under 2 names, one of which might be related to a wandering tribe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Place on Billingshurst Rd. Trade under 2 names, one of which might be related to a wandering tribe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
hi Owen I know who you mean thanks, never used but just heard they were 5 mins from me so was tempted to use. I think using personal recommendations are always best even if you have to make a journey.

Sorry me again did you have to remove the seats and carpet fully to get the cable down or is it possible to feed it through. Got the bits sourced from a company in Essex who are very helpful, they have a company nearby I've spoken to and they say ÂŁ200 + vat as carpet comes up so need to decide if it's easier to let them do it or tackle it myself, I have the time but having never removed seats carpet and trim feel a bit phased!

Oh and Wendy wants to know where you got the rubbish bin in the passenger door lol

Kevin

You will need to get carpet and bases up in places to route cables properly. The route from the engine bay to seat bases is a bit of a pain, accessing the grommets to the bulkhead.

The bin was supplied with the van by Volkswagen

You will need to get carpet and bases up in places to route cables properly. The route from the engine bay to seat bases is a bit of a pain, accessing the grommets to the bulkhead.

The bin was supplied with the van by Volkswagen
Thanks mate sorry about all the questions but you've been a great help Will try and locate her a bin lol

Expanding on this thread.
I'm thinking of adding Led lights into the poptop.

Anyone else done this...? Any tips...?

Do you mean flexi strips of LEDs or single lamps?

Ah I see.

I'm working on a scheme for a continuous ring of RWBG dimable/colour changing LEDs around the interior roof line.
Power consumption looks ok.

Purely for ambience. :cool:

The hardest part is removing trim on the Cali. It's knowing how to remove the trim sections without damaging things.
There is usually a system to it...???

Back