Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

After much consideration ordered GC 680

Hi
just joined after this week ordering a grand California 680, now need to wait till mid March for delivery.

Mark..
Congratulations, and welcome.
Now the extras buying begins, as it doesn’t just stop at the van.

What options did you go for.

after much consideration and reading loads and loads of reviews we added side windows, diesel heating, solar panel, LED lights, rear parking camera and vision pack. Can’t wait for it too arrive

Also went for same colour as yours by the look of it

after much consideration and reading loads and loads of reviews we added side windows, diesel heating, solar panel, LED lights, rear parking camera and vision pack. Can’t wait for it too arrive

March will come around quick enough. Had ours for 4 weeks , you’ll love it. Any Q’s, just ask

Nice choice of extras did you go for folding mirrors, you may think about ceramic coating as there is a lot to clean but particularly if your away a lot as we are, also had the front and bonnet wrapped in clear vinyl to protect the front end.

Nice choice of extras did you go for folding mirrors, you may think about ceramic coating as there is a lot to clean but particularly if your away a lot as we are, also had the front and bonnet wrapped in clear vinyl to protect the front end.
Intending to do the same. Mind me asking who did that for you, and how happy you are with the result?

Oh yes forgot them we did go with folding mirrors. Thank you for advice think we will be on a steep learning curve for a while.

Oh yes forgot them we did go with folding mirrors. Thank you for advice think we will be on a steep learning curve for a while.
As at @Breeze1 said steep curve for extras you’ll buy. Sheets, carpets, security locks, this that and the other, it adds up. And the learning curve on the van is spot on. If you intend on going to serviced pitches, these fit perfectly and you can extend the reach with additional sections.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B082MV5KYK/?tag=eliteelect-21

We had the tow bar fitted and bought the Thule backup box and easy base. It will mean we have extra space to pack the drive away awning and other ’stuff’.

Intending to do the same. Mind me asking who did that for you, and how happy you are with the result?
Hi there, I had gtechniq crystal serum ultra, supposed to last 9 years! If it lasts 5 I would be happy. And yes most of the time the rain washes it off. It’s only been applied since mid July but all good so far.

Hi there, I had gtechniq crystal serum ultra, supposed to last 9 years! If it lasts 5 I would be happy. And yes most of the time the rain washes it off. It’s only been applied since mid July but all good so far.
Hey @Breeze1 did you do it yourself of have it done professionally? If the latter, what’s the damage?

If it’s not confirmed at the factory you still have time, especially worth while if you plan to visit Scotland or Cornwall,as all you see is smashed door mirrors on the road, mainly from Fiat Ducatos.

Hey @Breeze1 did you do it yourself of have it done professionally? If the latter, what’s the damage?
Hi Ian,

Not cheap but IMO worth while, eye watering £1700 however we intend to keep her for some time. And had it professionally carried out in someone I had trust with.

Hi Ian,

Not cheap but IMO worth while, eye watering £1700 however we intend to keep her for some time. And had it professionally carried out in someone I had trust with.
Ouch. Is this a franchise or other. Shropshire has less options than most of the country. Ours is also a long term buy, so are more interested in preservation than selling on.

Ouch. Is this a franchise or other. Shropshire has less options than most of the country. Ours is also a long term buy, so are more interested in preservation than selling on.
Hi Ian,

I’ve heard other members saying that they have paid around £700/£900 for their T6s but their is quite a lot more to do on the GC, I was especially keen to have the roof well treated. Also really is important that you have faith in who is completing the work. This chap ownes the company and has a couple of guys that work with/for him, you can tell they are just as enthusiastic to do a good job.

He normally does super cars based in Poole took 4.5 days.

Will

Hi Ian,

I’ve heard other members saying that they have paid around £700/£900 for their T6s but their is quite a lot more to do on the GC, I was especially keen to have the roof well treated. Also really is important that you have faith in who is completing the work. This chap ownes the company and has a couple of guys that work with/for him, you can tell they are just as enthusiastic to do a good job.

He normally does super cars based in Poole took 4.5 days.

Will
Would love a recommendation - would the ceramicist in Poole mind if you told us who s/he is?

Thanks Will I will also check this out and Ian I will check out your amazon recommendation.

Hi Mark, having just received my 680 I don't think you'll be disappointed. Having come from a Cali I'm very impressed with finish quality. It's a big old beast.

Last edited:
Hi yes we can’t wait to pick it up..

Hi
just joined after this week ordering a grand California 680, now need to wait till mid March for delivery.

Mark..
Welcome to the growing group of GC owners. Sad to say goodbye to our Ocean but growing to love Bella just as much. Just wish we could have had more use out of it this year.

Hi

Mark..
You wont regret it, we've had ours since July a few small issues but all resolve now, did you order toilet ventilation? it works really well a must id say.We removed the table and fitted a smaller one but the one supplied might work for you. Enjoy

Reactions: Sad
You wont regret it, we've had ours since July a few small issues but all resolve now, did you order toilet ventilation? it works really well a must id say.We removed the table and fitted a smaller one but the one supplied might work for you. Enjoy
Hi Murphy any more details about your modified table was it a DIY job.

Hi Murphy any more details about your modified table was it a DIY job.
I purchased another OEM one and modified it ie made it smaller, it looks great, much more accessible around the driver/passenger side. Will post a photo tomorrow.

Back