Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

all 12v sockets

And those connections on terminals are original so you simply bolted the cables on that top middle one with another cable right?

And those connections on terminals are original so you simply bolted the cables on that top middle one with another cable right?
That’s what I did when I added a dedicated socket for our freezer. Inline fuse and earth to the chassis.

It may seem that the left of the boot is a good place to locate your fridge. However, it is impossible to use the boot socket without pushing the multiflex about 10cm forward. We spent a year away with the fridge strapped

yeah, I just discovered that. What a spectacularly bad bit of design.

I just modified standard plug by cutting it. Insanely simple design and I hate those thin wires they put with all of those plugs anyway. Not using the sockets lately anyway. Have wired 7awg directly from battery and using my own EC5 plugs to get reliable high amp connections to freezers, pots, chargers, etc.
Also put a Hall sensor to monitor all the current flows, which is a blessing, knowing precisely what comes where.

#1 front of dashboard - powered from the engine battery
#2 top of dashboard - leisure battery
#3 in the roof - leisure battery
#4 by the side of the front passenger seat - leisure battery
#5 on the right of the bench seat - leisure battery
#6 on the left of the boot, tucked behind the multiflex support - leisure battery

We don't have one in the top of the dashboard. It is the comfort dash though. We do have all the others. This is a T6 MY19 Beach.

Should we have a socket there? Cheers.

You can so easily add even 10 sockets into the dash, so not the biggest choice maker.

Back