Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Anyone fitted T6.1 Alpine 'Plug & Play' speakers?

The instructions are available on their site to download and it all looks simple.

I also would be interested if anyone has fitted these. Also the full upgrade with underseat subs etc.

Last edited:
The instructions are available on their site to download and it all looks simple.

I also would be interested if anyone has fitted these. Also the full upgrade with underwear subs etc.
I was wondering where the sub might go?

Bump. Also looking into these and keen for impressions vs the OEM speakers. Oddly I can't find anyone commenting on the quality of the OEM in a California anywhere, seems to be an overlooked part of all reviews.

The standard one in my 6.1 is terrible, the n/s door speaker already distorts, have asked Oli at Bognor Vans to fit this kit as it’s there now, will report back

I saw it but was looking for a more 'neutral' source! Thanks for the link though, I've watched a lot of these guys videos, they know their stuff.

The standard one in my 6.1 is terrible, the n/s door speaker already distorts, have asked Oli at Bognor Vans to fit this kit as it’s there now, will report back

Brilliant cheers, let me know if you think it's worth it

Has he managed to remap the DSG?

I think it may be 6” only on the T6.1 due to space for the speaker.

Mine is now booked in to have the Alpine kit and sound deadening fitted by Advanced In Car on 8 October.

Tired of the sound of our T6 I am going to order the 8” kit for our van. Small price difference.

Just had this from Advanced In-car Technologies. Any thoughts on the VW Media Control app? Superseded by WeConnect now? Is 'Deactivate Standby' useful? :

As much as I love the 108 Kit and it’s response, it sadly won’t be coming to the T6.1. They changed the doors slightly on the T6.1 and so there is now less space in the door card area which means the 8” kits won’t fit in there.

As you quite rightly said, this new setup shuts down after 20mins. This is all down to the “Data Connection” in the vehicle and to prevent batteries from discharging. Even if you were to change it’s Power Source the data connection will still override this. You can’t program this out with the computer either so you won’t be able to do this.

Now there is an App on the Apple App Store (VW Media Control). You will need to see if this works with your T6.1 and connects up (I know it does on the T6). Under settings there was an option in the app for “Deactivate Standby”. You could give this a try? It won’t however stop it’s power source.

I would probably just do the SPC-106T61 as a Stage 1. They are pretty awesome and I don’t think you need to go all in with Rear Speakers and an Amp until you’ve done this.

Rejected suggestion of dynamat/ sound deadening…
Any main reason for rejecting this (cost or something else)?

I was wondering if the Cali doors had sound deadening over and above a regular T6.1 but it appears not from you pics. Seems to be heavily recommended but it's always on Transporter vans that they are doing these mods rather than Calis so it's not clear if required as much given cabin noise is meant to be quieter.

Rejected suggestion of dynamat/ sound deadening…
Looking forward to hearing your review!
Advanced in-car (Poole) wanted £199 to fit the kit and include extra sound deadening. Sounded like a no-brainer to me.
Why did you decide against sound deadening?

Any main reason for rejecting this (cost or something else)?

I was wondering if the Cali doors had sound deadening over and above a regular T6.1 but it appears not from you pics. Seems to be heavily recommended but it's always on Transporter vans that they are doing these mods rather than Calis so it's not clear if required as much given cabin noise is meant to be quieter.
I think the idea is to prevent sound being reflected and distorted by the door panel, which in turn affects the quality of the sound in the van. I don’t think it’s purpose is to reduce external road noise, but happy to be corrected on this :)

Back