Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Are prices due to crash?

There’s not 140 for sale, there are 140 adverts, one van accounts for eight of those!
There’s bound to be more every year as there are more vans out there & the numbers don’t look drastically different to any other year.
I didn’t come up with the 140 or say they were for sale, or do my own deduplicating to verify unique sales… because my point was that whatever this number is, it doesn’t tell any story on its own.

My 2015 180 DSG with 64k on the clock at £25k .......lol.

I could sell it and buy an older manual 140 Beach with 62k on the clock for £37k.......

Take it with a pinch of salt. Its a computer says moment......

Been checking mine week on week with WBAC and massive drop over past seven days, I even tried the Motorway and the bids from dealers were all around £10k off the mark, looks like that bubble is on verge of bursting

Just did now £70,662.00 very happy with that
You'll never get it. They'll bud it down. Look at retail prices. No dealer wants to pay that as they'd need to be putting it on the forecourt at £76 to £78k to make any turn

You'll never get it. They'll bud it down. Look at retail prices. No dealer wants to pay that as they'd need to be putting it on the forecourt at £76 to £78k to make any turn
They could put it on the forecourt at £78 & be £10k under list price of a new one so not as unreasonable as it first seems.

Are you moving on from your GC?
I wondered that…

I don't know, just looking at the moment, there's 5 of us in the family that drive, we have 6 vehicles, changing work patterns mean I'm ending up having to rearrange meetings to suit when a sensible car is available.

An Ocean fits in the station car park or makes a good mobile office when I have meetings at both ends of the day with a huge gap in the middle, I can park up in Richmond Park or under Hyde Park & carry on working.

I don't have room on the drive for another car & if I changed the Morgan ( which lives in the garage) for something sensible, parking is still a problem as the GC has to go in front of the garage & would need moving every time I used the car.

I'm also not too happy about doing this regularly, although at least it is under cover.
IMG_4213.jpeg

I'd park that Morgen in a skip and leave it there.
Nothing to see here...
Get a proper working car.:D
It’s designed for those coast owners with a phobia about hydraulics / electrics breaking.

Other than woodworm or a bit of dry rot there’s not a lot to go wrong.

It’s designed for those coast owners with a phobia about hydraulics / electrics breaking.

Other than woodworm or a bit of dry rot there’s not a lot to go wrong.
I admire the enthusiasts, its not a car for me.
Not meaning to be disrespectful, its an itch that I haven't had.

I admire the enthusiasts, its not a car for me.
Not meaning to be disrespectful, its an itch that I haven't had.
I got fed up with fast but boring sports cars & wanted a reliable classic for fun sunny days it’s the closest thing I could find.

Roof & door tops off on a sunny evening is motoring heaven. Roof & doors on on a wet M1 & it’s hell.

Getting back on thread its depreciation curve should be better than a Cali, mine being a 2017 is one of the last of the traditional pre alloy tub ones is looking like a pretty safe financial bet, it’s never been worth less than it’s original purchase price.

I hired one last year for the day. We had the perfect day for a Morgan. Sunshine, top down and buzzing all over the Cotswolds.
I take it, the GC hasn’t worked out how you hoped…?

CD369578-EF90-4092-BC1E-E9B23C716BAB.jpeg

Last edited:
I hired one last year for the day. We had the perfect day for a Morgan. Sunshine, top down and buzzing all over the Cotswolds.
I take it, the GC hasn’t worked out how you hoped…?

View attachment 100669
You were lucky to get parked there, obviously not in the middle of the day because it's usually rammed with coaches transporting our far eastern visitors on a circuit that includes such highlights as the Outlet Shopping Centre at Bicester and Harry Potter World - which they are lead to believe it is in a part of London called Leavesden, which it is not! It's in a little village that nestles on the banks of the M25 and M1 called WATFORD.

Agreed. Pretty much all modern cars are boring to drive on public roads.
Not strictly true. I got pretty fed up with my last Porsche, thinking there was just no point in a car with so much power. Turns out it's only true in this country on our appalling roads. Once I crossed the channel and got into the Alps it transformed into something quite magical. I even started to feel like I needed more go! But yes, I wouldn't swap my classic Mini for anything modern.

Not strictly true. I got pretty fed up with my last Porsche, thinking there was just no point in a car with so much power. Turns out it's only true in this country on our appalling roads. Once I crossed the channel and got into the Alps it transformed into something quite magical. I even started to feel like I needed more go! But yes, I wouldn't swap my classic Mini for anything modern.
Yeah my comment was a bit sweeping TBH. Actually there are some great roads in British isles too where you can go somewhere near the limits with a modern without being an utter tw*t. Especially in Scotland. Just not much down here in the SE of England.

Yeah my comment was a bit sweeping TBH. Actually there are some great roads in British isles too where you can go somewhere near the limits with a modern without being an utter tw*t. Especially in Scotland. Just not much down here in the SE of England.
There's a few good roads near me (now spoiled by average speed cameras etc.), back in the day the Top Gear guys would always use them to test the new TVR's made locally.

Reducing options here in rural Scotland, more traffic police than before with targeted operations and cameras not to mention dash cams, locals.and terrible road surfaces.

Last edited:
I put mine in to motorway the other day out of interest it’s 2 years old next month 14k miles I paid 67k they offered 71k so prices are still strong on the newer models

Motorway do not offer any money, the suggest a guide that they feel dealers might pay.

This is not an offer, it’s an incentive to get people to list their vehicle with them.

Motorway do not offer any money, the suggest a guide that they feel dealers might pay.

This is not an offer, it’s an incentive to get people to list their vehicle with them.

Just to say I sold my car with Motorway when we got our Cali and ended up getting 20% more than their original estimated price

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back