Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Are prices due to crash?

Just to say I sold my car with Motorway when we got our Cali and ended up getting 20% more than their original estimated price

Congratulations, but times have changed.

How so many people cannot understand the difference between an offer and a guide price is beyond me!

We were in a dealer yesterday, they had no less than than 27 Cali's in stock, quite a lot of them they were marking down in price

We were in a dealer yesterday, they had no less than than 27 Cali's in stock, quite a lot of them they were marking down in price
Which dealer was that?

How long ago was that?

July this year. The dealer that bought it was a ford franchise garage who had offered me £2k less the week before so really glad I used motorway!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you can afford to have your cash in one and have it at risk to depreciation that's brilliant plus you have the upside of using it which to many is priceless. I personally wanted to get my cash out and it all went into gold and silver NOT the bank. If you've bought on finance I suspect there will be a lot when prices do crash that will choose to gand it back or will default and therein increases supply suppressing prices. The reality is that as prices stand and it pains me to say the California is a very overpriced vehicle at current prices imho...
Sounds great!

I've just found these charts

and wondered when you bought the gold and silver so that anticipated depreciation was overcome. It looks as though it might be tricky to get the timing right!

Sounds great!

I've just found these charts

and wondered when you bought the gold and silver so that anticipated depreciation was overcome. It looks as though it might be tricky to get the timing right!
You’re about 5 years too late.
Even then it wasn’t a great place to put your money.

Motorway do not offer any money, the suggest a guide that they feel dealers might pay.

This is not an offer, it’s an incentive to get people to list their vehicle with them.
Just checked webuyanycar 52,765 lol not selling it but big difference

So computer says WBAC is now up £4600 on last week's valuation ....so just under 30k

So computer says WBAC is now up £4600 on last week's valuation ....so just under 30k
Jeremy Hunt will be wanting his commission!

Given that the country might have power cuts in the winter (quote from head of National Grid last week), I can see folks looking for a self contained warm space with lights that aren’t candles!! That might influence people buying Calis and motor homes.

But really, we’re not even looking at prices right now - maybe in 5 years or so, and who knows what state the world be in then? :talktothehand

I can see folks looking for a self contained warm space with lights that aren’t candles!! That might influence people buying Calis and motor homes.
I've made a mental note to keep mine full of fuel..

Given that the country might have power cuts in the winter (quote from head of National Grid last week), I can see folks looking for a self contained warm space with lights that aren’t candles!! That might influence people buying Calis and motor homes.

But really, we’re not even looking at prices right now - maybe in 5 years or so, and who knows what state the world be in then? :talktothehand

The idea of nuclear armageddon might support prices while it’s just a thought. If it actually happens you might just end up selling your Cali for peanuts (literally).

For the sake of balance.

71 plate Ocean <10k miles just *sold* at Auction for £73k

Covered that base.

Batteries.jpg

I have a 9.5 (below) and 5.2 (upper) battery running on a single inverter. The main reason was for the BMW PHEV and the second battery was relatively "cheap". This is AC coupled and outside the FITs installation

On Octopus Go and charge overnight at 7.5p a kwh plus also top the batteries up (as the car may also subsqently take from the batteries as it only charges at 3.68kwh). Solar top it up during the day so daytime use is zero / very little, even as we approach winter.

First battery installed on the 6th Oct / second joined on the 13th - On both days the batteries are calbrated so you can ignore any benefits. Total battery to home since install - 173kwh

Cost - £6418+VAT and installation (say £450+VAT*)

*also had my Rolec changed for Zappi so total installation costs were £550 +VAT

I have a 9.5 (below) and 5.2 (upper) battery running on a single inverter. The main reason was for the BMW PHEV and the second battery was relatively "cheap". This is AC coupled and outside the FITs installation

On Octopus Go and charge overnight at 7.5p a kwh plus also top the batteries up (as the car may also subsqently take from the batteries as it only charges at 3.68kwh). Solar top it up during the day so daytime use is zero / very little, even as we approach winter.

First battery installed on the 6th Oct / second joined on the 13th - On both days the batteries are calbrated so you can ignore any benefits. Total battery to home since install - 173kwh

Cost - £6418+VAT and installation (say £450+VAT*)

*also had my Rolec changed for Zappi so total installation costs were £550 +VAT
We’d been thinking about solar panels, kind of missed time I suspect.
Not sure I would have any large lithium battery storage in the main building personally in case of battery failure and thermal runaway. This is a case in point
that was just an ebike.

We’d been thinking about solar panels, kind of missed time I suspect.
Not sure I would have any large lithium battery storage in the main building personally in case of battery failure and thermal runaway. This is a case in point
that was just an ebike.

I’ve read about e-bike and scooter fires in industry publications I follow, and in pretty much all cases it’s down to 3rd party chargers, cabling or cheap Chinese replacement cells which haven’t been up to the task.
Chargers left without adequate airflow and the heat generated igniting a fire against combustible material.
The general public aren’t respecting what these batteries are and capable of. London has around 2 fires a month and there’s industry wide concern about charging within high rise towers as people look for cheaper commuting alternatives.

Lithium batteries are safe providing they’re correctly installed, charged and maintained.

I’ve read about e-bike and scooter fires in industry publications I follow, and in pretty much all cases it’s down to 3rd party chargers, cabling or cheap Chinese replacement cells which haven’t been up to the task.
Chargers left without adequate airflow and the heat generated igniting a fire against combustible material.
The general public aren’t respecting what these batteries are and capable of. London has around 2 fires a month and there’s industry wide concern about charging within high rise towers as people look for cheaper commuting alternatives.

Lithium batteries are safe providing they’re correctly installed, charged and maintained.
I think Lithium batteries are not all equal. Big difference between Lithium-Ion , or NCM, used in cars , bikes, Laptops, phones, and LiFePO4, much more stable and rarely causing fires.
It certainly doesn't make sense to buy expensive batteries and cheap out on charger an cables or professional labour.
Back to the thread, the looming armageddon, or at least power shortages, black outs, may have well had an impact on Motorhomes people being reluctant to sell, so prices stay high.
With a solar panel and a tank full of diesel (heating), you can survive quite a while in a Cali

I totally agree, I have heard that too mostly though Paul's work, I felt Paul was saying as much in that interview, however even reputable brands such as Tesla's, EV buses while in service etc, have had fires, everything has failure rates and reutpsble brands better design and reduced failure rates.

I felt the potential outcome meant I'd rather it wasn't in the house or attached garage while I slept.

I work with battery manufactures to design batteries packs for equipment we manufacture for the polar regions and with engineers in the early days of lithium power in Antarctica who also had inout into developing guidance with the HSE at the time. Transport at that time was sealed stainless steel boxes for containment.
We have avoided lithium mostly because it's difficult to ship across many borders to mostly polar regions, even the manufactures of batteries system have shipping problems.

I think Lithium batteries are not all equal. Big difference between Lithium-Ion , or NCM, used in cars , bikes, Laptops, phones, and LiFePO4, much more stable and rarely causing fires.
It certainly doesn't make sense to buy expensive batteries and cheap out on charger an cables or professional labour.
Back to the thread, the looming armageddon, or at least power shortages, black outs, may have well had an impact on Motorhomes people being reluctant to sell, so prices stay high.
With a solar panel and a tank full of diesel (heating), you can survive quite a while in a Cali
yes, keep the tank topped up, we have solar too.
Although the diesel has just jumped from £1.849 to £1.959 !!

To put it into perspective if the Ukrainian population can survive days, weeks or months without adequate electric power, water and gas I'm sure we can survive a few hours of blackout.

Back