Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Ascot Grey

Looks like an Ascot Grey Ocean behind the GC on this new Cali Chris review. Looks great.
Not sure about the black awning rail though. Bit of an distraction in black

Not sure about the black awning rail though. Bit of an distraction in black
That’ll split opinion. I think Ascot would look pretty dull without the black contrasts; black awning, black wheels, black sidebars and pillar. I’m looking forward to seeing pics of @66tim99 ‘s when it arrives. Could be a cracker with the sports pack fitted.

Anyone got any recommendations for companies that do ceramic coating in Worcestershire?

Hi all
I just joined. I live in France, and here we have the California Coast with the 4 Motion option. I ordered one in Ascot Grey at the beginning of the year. Mine went into build last week, so I expect to receive it during September, perhaps before. I will gladly share some photos of it here once I take delivery.

All the best
Thomas

Picked up our new Ascot Grey Coast last Wednesday (Yay!) and spent 4 days exploring in Snowdonia, North Wales, Peak District and North Norfolk, on the way home. I wasn't sure about the colour from day one but 'she who must be obeyed' was confident it was the right choice of free colour for us. Well, all I've heard from friends and strangers alike, across the country, for 4 days is "Wow! Lovely colour", "OO! What a nice colour" and "Looks great in that colour!" so what do I know? All the comments about photos not doing it justice are right and we are really pleased with it. Here's another pic for the collection (that doesn't do it justice).
IMG_1520.jpeg

I have unfortunately had to take my Ascot Grey van into the garage ( leisure battery not charging due to software glitch on control panel !?!? ) and even the vehicle tech who looked at it said how much he liked the colour.

2F784429-DC39-4EA2-849A-BEDEA92E3CFB.jpeg
Rental overlooking Harlyn Bay today. £120/day I’m told

CBFC0296-7C87-4B38-929A-7A404FF7A52C.jpeg

AD44F23F-E6C7-47D2-B1B4-E92766CABC77.jpeg

FB2A5E29-D1F0-471A-A279-4DB953CDBF8E.jpeg

Accidentally posted another of Daphne Dog

Hi all, the VW dealer received my French Spec, Ascot Grey, California Coast 4MO this morning. Whilst I am waiting to pick it up following registration formalities, here are a few pictures he was kind enough to send me. Absolutely no regrets about choosing Ascot Grey, particularly with the climate here on the Mediterannean coast. i should have the keys in the next week or two, cant wait ... :bananadance2

thumbnail_IMG_1225.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_1226.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_1227.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_1228.jpg

Hi all, the VW dealer received my French Spec, Ascot Grey, California Coast 4MO this morning. Whilst I am waiting to pick it up following registration formalities, here are a few pictures he was kind enough to send me. Absolutely no regrets about choosing Ascot Grey, particularly with the climate here on the Mediterannean coast. i should have the keys in the next week or two, cant wait ... :bananadance2

View attachment 83796

View attachment 83797

View attachment 83798

View attachment 83799
Hi CaliAzur, Nice to see these pics. We have ordered almost exactly the same specs and color. However we have to wait another 6 months or so ;-)

Hi CaliAzur, Nice to see these pics. We have ordered almost exactly the same specs and color. However we have to wait another 6 months or so ;-)
Hi there
Would seem to be worth the wait, hang in there :)

Kind regards

View attachment 83796

View attachment 83797

View attachment 83798

View attachment 83799
Looks like our spec (other than LHD).

That wood effect floor never gets old. Suits the Ascot Grey colour to a tee. I'm waiting for my Pure Grey LHD 4Mo Coast which I hope will go into build status in a couple of months (ordered last Nov).

BE4B5E65-7D56-4BB8-8087-38B239633491.jpeg26611BD3-4DF6-42C8-9040-EB95805C379F.jpeg
Ascot Grey T-roc today, colour changes with the light

I know it changes with the light, but the loan van I had was Ascot grey & 99% of the time it looked the colour of the 2nd T Roc picture - a washed out hearing aid beige, not grey at all. Its one colour that we had seriously considered but having seen it in the flesh Its the one colour I wouldn't order.

Having said that - strangely I do like the candy white / ascot two tone..

I know it changes with the light, but the loan van I had was Ascot grey & 99% of the time it looked the colour of the 2nd T Roc picture - a washed out hearing aid beige, not grey at all. Its one colour that we had seriously considered but having seen it in the flesh Its the one colour I wouldn't order.

Having said that - strangely I do like the candy white / ascot two tone..
Love the two-tone (is it the ONLY two-tone, as @Borris has said, the others are two-colour?), but the price and the sports pack precluded it for me, and it would reduce the recessive, sort of camouflage utilitarian effect.
I saw an Ascot grey Cali at Colindale VW and changed my mind from bay leaf green.
It looked grey there sat in the shade. Even in the gold evening light last night, the t-roc looked grey at the back, and when it reflects yellow light and goes beige it seems to blend in. It also suits the grey Ocean interior, and could be a good free option if you want to wrap it (metallic purple, green, orange?!)
Clever, understated classic colour similar to an old one Porsche used to use, I’m glad to see it back.

Last edited: