Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Ascot Grey

.., Did you go for the sports pack too to get the black B-pillar?
Chrome package,
-Grille protector, painted black, with three chrome frames; further chrome trim on the lower grille protector
-Fog lights with static cornering lights
-B-pillars in glossy black
-Chrome strips on the sides, tailgate and front air intake. Chrome turn signals
;)

Great looking Cali - those no cost option Woddstock wheels go well with the black. Did you go for the sports pack too to get the black B-pillar? Out of interest, why did you fit the side bars - they look good but do they have a function?
No function whatsoever - just some extra bling!

ps mines a MY20 so the black B pillars came with the chrome pack. For MY21 I would have assumed the same, but I might be wrong!

No, it's just Ascot Grey all over. Like many people we did agonise over the colour. The two tone ones look nice but couldn't really justify the money. In the end we went with Ascot Grey without seeing one in the flesh. We bought it from SMG in Tonbridge and Laine Watts couldn't have been more helpful. He liked it personally and thought it would be a good colour if we ever decide to sell it in the future. He could have easily tried to up-sell the two tone and made some extra money. We went for the Palmerston alloy wheels which I think go well with the colour but are a bit of a pain to clean! We are really pleased with it and would recommend the colour and Laine at SMG without any hesitation.
Very pleased you are happy with your purchase and particularly the colour. It is not a colour I would have chosen. I was all for Indium Grey but then saw a Coast for sale at Liverpool van centre in Ascot Grey. I thought that the Coast is an “affordable” way of buying a new Cali. So that was it.
Ascot grey it was. But I find it a strange colour because on it’s own you would swear it was white but then put it against a Candy White one and the difference is obvious. But it looks fabulous with all the bits of bling and black especially privacy glass. The darker colours don’t have nearly as much impact imo.

Found this pic of a Rolling Homes Ascot grey T6.1
View attachment 67662
I’d say this is the closest Pic I’ve seen to how the colour looks “in the flesh”. It’s pale but definitely grey rather than some sort of off white. It’s “warm” not a “cool” Grey. Great colour, looks really classy.

2 tone ascot grey and candy white Beach. Really classy IMO. Nice to see the contrast in daylight.

Good find, looks nice but not definitely worth 2800 for the white top half.
Also, the beach spec Art Velour seats have a darker trim than Ocean and Coast models, vw really mix things around to confuse us

Unfortunately not @66tim99 i’m stuck in the 204 RDE2 fiasco same as @PhilR and others!
Sorry to hear that. I just spotted you’ve ordered Ascot and Sports pack - am keen to see the combo. Funny how the delays build interest, obsession even in the details! I supposedly have a week 8 build (150ps) so it might be me posting pics first

2 tone ascot grey and candy white Beach. Really classy IMO. Nice to see the contrast in daylight.

Looks great. Surprised to see anyone pay £2800 for 2 non-metallic colours, one which is free and one £300 for the whole van though

Looks great. Surprised to see anyone pay £2800 for 2 non-metallic colours, one which is free and one £300 for the whole van though
I would have thought the cost is all down to the manhours and preparation required. The base colour covering the whole van would be done mechanically but the 2nd colour would be manual involving rubbing down, prep, masking and then probably manual application of the 2nd colour, drying time in the oven etc and altogether a longer build time so adding to the costs etc. Paint costs are a very small proportion.

I would have thought the cost is all down to the manhours and preparation required. The base colour covering the whole van would be done mechanically but the 2nd colour would be manual involving rubbing down, prep, masking and then probably manual application of the 2nd colour, drying time in the oven etc and altogether a longer build time so adding to the costs etc. Paint costs are a very small proportion.
Yes I don’t doubt the labour, just surprised they sell any. Must be attractive for customers to wrap the bottom half of a white van, save £1500 and protect from stone chips...

Oh yes well spotted Moz as I hadnt joined those 2 up before now!
LVC has just been in touch. My Ascot Grey Coast has now been shipped and is on schedule fir delivery towards the end of this month. Yippee

LVC has just been in touch. My Ascot Grey Coast has now been shipped and is on schedule fir delivery towards the end of this month. Yippee
How exciting!
Can I ask what build week you were?
Mine was build week 51 so interested to hear how long from build to shipping to delivery yours has been? Thanks

How exciting!
Can I ask what build week you were?
Mine was build week 51 so interested to hear how long from build to shipping to delivery yours has been? Thanks
I didn’t have a build week as such so I am afraid I can’t say. LVC advertised a Coast for sale and I tried to buy it but someone put a deposit down so I couldn’t have it. LVC had another already being built so I had that one instead. They gave me a good discount and the spec was a bit better and it is now in transit.