Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Aracju vs Woodstock

Do you prefer Aracju or Woodstock alloys with Ascot Grey?

• Total voters
JuanVecino2023

JuanVecino2023

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Pondering on the no cost option 17” wheels with an Ascot Grey van.

Devonport already discounted.

IMG_0180.jpeg

IMG_0179.jpeg

IMG_0178.jpeg

IMG_0177.jpeg

Discounted Devonports for me!

We’ve had Davenports on 2 Oceans, and they’re really easy to look after. Just ordered a new Ascot Grey Ocean and fancied a change. Don’t like the aracju’s, look too fussy. Went for Woodstocks. Yes, diamond cut are a disaster, as soon as they look tatty I’ll have them powder coated matt black, which should look good with the Ascot Grey. Anything more than 17’s are pointless on a Cali IMHO. Oh, and spec the 235 tyres (I’ve gone for the all season option too). They ride so much better than the 215’s.

We’ve had Davenports on 2 Oceans, and they’re really easy to look after. Just ordered a new Ascot Grey Ocean and fancied a change. Don’t like the aracju’s, look too fussy. Went for Woodstocks. Yes, diamond cut are a disaster, as soon as they look tatty I’ll have them powder coated matt black, which should look good with the Ascot Grey. Anything more than 17’s are pointless on a Cali IMHO. Oh, and spec the 235 tyres (I’ve gone for the all season option too). They ride so much better than the 215’s.
235 v 215 really make much of a difference? (Having ordered 215..)

A plusher ride, a little more traction but at the expense of a couple mpg. Get some quality 235's as the OEM Bridgestones are sh!te.
Absolutely agree.

I think the Woodstock look great, however they need a low profile tyre. I felt they looked silly with the 17 inch tyres so I opted for Davenports. Although the Woodstocks look better I felt the Davenports complement the thicker tyre wall better.

Aracaju. Woodstocks look ok on the near side but all wrong on the off side , messes with my OCD….
Just like the Porsche Technology wheels. Look great when observed from one side but when you know the directions reverse on the other side....totally unacceptable. :talktothehand

Aracaju. Woodstocks look ok on the near side but all wrong on the off side , messes with my OCD….
I agree! Given the narrow choice, Aracaju plus a decent wheel cleaning brush!