Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

B Pillar Decals

RodCouncil

A Brit in Sweden
VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 140
I bought a set from out of the shop but has anyone any tips on how to fit these properly? no instructions provided and given that the edges need to tuck under the glass I'm even wondering if it's possible. The ones on the doors are ok it's just the ones on the sliding door and opposite side.

I fitted them on mine, fairly straightforward, just take your time. They sat on the side for weeks before I finally plucked up the courage to fit them, but I’m really glad I did, they look great.

Fitting them on a warm day helps, it makes the vinyl more pliable.

If you make sure the door glass is down, you can then move the window rubber out of the way so the vinyl tucks underneath.

You will have to feed the vinyl behind the glass on the side panel, which is why it helps if it's a warm day! I used a credit card and the rounded end of a small paint brush to help ease it into the corners.

You’ll also see that the strip of vinyl in-between the glass and the door frame (the one that is the same width all the way down) does actually curve into the recess where the door fits.

I used the natural swage line as a guide for the start point at the bottom of the decals. As with everything fitting the second one was quicker and easier!

IMG_1484.jpg

Nice tips with the brush and credit card....I got this.

Worked the pax door out ok.

Attachments

• IMG_20170925_160223.jpg
    IMG_20170925_160223.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 271
NLHCSIlymQ3mcGRuBBtFLFKX90DpvS8EhdQrdNsY3zoTjKv_FUZZBxBf8zoMxk3yFpL6JmbnYYWU6H02eKW3XdjnU410aftwmTc3avPF83cpgxfOshglTSa_M_eQOhWH96AaPGwMAZ0afxhK9b1Iy53IU2tedUzocCMYCEb5k6LZJ-P-bZaitpl0i11QcUsMZpuHYdNw0XuETxwi5TZptmODPXZ5SQn7oheW50CmNs1iBLHohRwzrIAxrKY3stKrASgyVopdmnSfVHt12GSWW5peaqapoqUkKNdpqiEbX8mLpfsE3y_I3JM7fzjGh3A6UwE67NtDvSNAOSLRcXnFoDBpgdhBzv1gfkbRPXT6o_Kw-GntuPgYaXBwj47D-PfOofL6bCQUCIM1wUJUd3mF55JI47zFNCIRnbRMwzUmzdvYD0wmp0gSvCTuW9nn3uHNg_s4p40dj4lApqD5QKf3KUnZVS_5QPecGilA0_hHYLl5pYir_-8iaU4R8jInYnCKf8CQSqh85Mn8AQMrljlrDpAv6V94a6e-oTvCEvLnHpQCFE-m_OABmY8R7HCrA-mWN-BktHdxRuqNcZM3Y6x-V22iZd6KqH4AyrQHErxkRoA=w1200-h800-no

I had ours wrapped the same carbon fiber as the bonnet

I bought a set from the shop but after fitting found they marked easily so removed them. Now thinking of getting the b-pillars painted instead.

I bought a set from the shop but after fitting found they marked easily so removed them. Now thinking of getting the b-pillars painted instead.
I'd do the same but people in Sweden just ain't up to scratch so I'll have it done by UK folks when I'm back home.

I can't comment on the quality of the shop ones as I haven't tried or even seen them but I bought my previous T5 & now T6 ones from the eBay seller below having originally bought a set off him for my T4 8 years or so ago. (which still look as good as the day I fitted them).
I can vouch that they are top quality, really hard wearing and non-marking - my T4 gets battered.
Just note this review is only for the textured matt version which IMO looks better than the gloss but I see he also sells a gloss version. (Obviously can't vouch for that as will clearly show up marks/scratches far easier)

Just my 2p before you go through the not insignificant cost of paint.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-T5-T6-...964030?hash=item2a8fc959be:g:GDAAAOSw~oFXKcqi

IMG_3531.JPG IMG_3532.JPG

Black vinyl for the front valance?

IMG_3535.JPG

Haha love it... need..need

I'm considering the plastic side trim in white but assuming that was a option like chrome pack?

Haha love it... need..need

I'm considering the plastic side trim in white but assuming that was a option like chrome pack?
Do you mean the door protector strip? Ideal for supermarket car parks. I don't recall seeing this as an option on the T6 – I've only ever seen it on T5s. I'm sure it's not part of the chrome pack which I'm sure consisted of the black B pillar decals, a chrome strip on the lower front bumper, bottom of doors/body and rear hatch.

Last edited:
I fitted them on mine, fairly straightforward, just take your time. They sat on the side for weeks before I finally plucked up the courage to fit them, but I’m really glad I did, they look great.

Fitting them on a warm day helps, it makes the vinyl more pliable.

If you make sure the door glass is down, you can then move the window rubber out of the way so the vinyl tucks underneath.

You will have to feed the vinyl behind the glass on the side panel, which is why it helps if it's a warm day! I used a credit card and the rounded end of a small paint brush to help ease it into the corners.

You’ll also see that the strip of vinyl in-between the glass and the door frame (the one that is the same width all the way down) does actually curve into the recess where the door fits.

I used the natural swage line as a guide for the start point at the bottom of the decals. As with everything fitting the second one was quicker and easier!

View attachment 26118
I have a set from the shop sat waiting.
I'll not apologise for mentioning a painful experience so far. Ordered last Thursday only arrived today (7 days) so missed a week end and 2 good evenings and though I was told they would come with instructions they haven't :punch
I'm thinking of returning them as local wrap company only wanted another £12 to supply and fit there own. But I thought support the shop, should be undisputed quality but it's not turning out that way so far.

@Smiffy4bikes were your ones from the shop Avery Dennison ? I have read some posts about 3M versions and don't really know what to do with my Avery Dennisons.
I'm hoping its straight forward but as mentioned half inclined to return them.
IMG_5514.JPG

6 Quid a side.
Less than the price of a pint in some places. o_O
I know what i´d do.
No sorry if it wasn't clear....
That is £12 over the cost of the shop one (but fitted).