Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

batteries

C

caliharry

VIP Member
The Saga of Leisure batteries continues my California is first generation June 2006 first set of batteries lasted till 2008 must confess they had no regular mains charging so purchased non VW pair 18 months later performance dropping off still no regular charging on the mains so I bit the bullet went to VW Main agent they were not interested as the batteries were non VW so they fitted "correct ones" ouch £175 each 13/03/2012 again great first 18 months or so then noticed performance started to drop returned to VW under battery warranty did checks free of charge said every thing ok no mention at this stage of the Proverbial Earth Shunt with early models having learned through this Forum about this problem I did the mod myself with the help of the tutorial charged the batteries on the "mains" and had them checked by independent battery man all ok?BUT performance still going down That old saying a fool and his monies are soon parted have just ordered 2 more from ALPHA batteries as direct or equivalent replacements to the VW ones but I will now undertake a strict maintenance routine and will keep you posted