Bye bye VW

The Blue Merle

The Blue Merle

4x4 joker
Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
N/A
So I’ve finally left the VW fold after over a decade of only VWs (apart from a work 110hardtop)
Golf’s, transporters, Calis, westy jokers, and finally a kombi.
VWs have just gone silly with prices (market demand so why not) and servicing costs.

So I finally jumped ship and bought the cheapest new 4x4 van you can get in the uk.
Found a great dealer in Inverness that was selling one at book price and even chucked in a few extras for free (pretty much every other dealer in uk selling way over book price).

Even rarer than a cali or joker and has better residuals (not that it mattered).

Last clue it looks and feels like a little Landy defender (hopefully without the frozen inside windscreen in winter!).

Im hoping to return to VWs grips in the future (not bashing as have loved owning VWs).

Will still be camping/stealth park ups in the little van.
Anyone who didn’t workout what I bought see pic.

Enjoy your adventures you jammy VW owners!IMG_4382.jpegIMG_4383.jpeg

I really like the Suzuki but as you say the prices are high. Depreciation nearly as good as the Cali!

So I’ve finally left the VW fold after over a decade of only VWs (apart from a work 110hardtop)
VWs have just gone silly with prices (market demand so why not) and servicing costs.

So I finally jumped ship and bought the cheapest new 4x4 van you can get in the uk.
Found a great dealer in Inverness that was selling one at book price and even chucked in a few extras for free (pretty much every other dealer in uk selling way over book price).

Even rarer than a cali or joker and has better residuals (not that it mattered).

Last clue it looks and feels like a little Landy defender (hopefully without the frozen inside windscreen in winter!).

Im hoping to return to VWs grips in the future (not bashing as have loved owning VWs).

Enjoy your adventures you jammy VW owners!View attachment 110825View attachment 110826
Looks great and a good for wood trailers for logs. Nice stacking

Congratulations great little things.
Get a James Baroud for the roof ;)

Don't let it stop you posting pics of Zeb.
I’m hoping we can get a other vans section on the forum page,
I know it’s a Cali forum but lots of ex owners now with westys, hymer etc who are top posters on here.
If not then will keep posting on the dog section.
Great forum and don’t intend leaving, I may get another Cali or joker in the future.
Not sure Zeb is that pleased with losing the luxury of the whole back bench of the kombi/joker/cali set up!

Local bump, and a neighbour has a cool tour business with these!IMG_4324.jpegIMG_4326.jpeg

Congratulations great little things.
Get a James Baroud for the roof ;)
May get a roof tent but restricted on weight as it’s between 30kg-50kg on a jimny for stability issues.
Would have to be oex lightest I’ve seen at 37kg or Frontrunner 43kg there’s a great forum page thing for them, called bigjimny (geordie jimny camping ) he’s tried pretty much every set up for camping has youtube channel too.

Last edited:
I love the look of the Jimmy (never driven one)- I joke with my husband that I should get rid of my Audi Q5 and get a Jimmy for going to town and such. Enjoy!

Love the Jimny, if they were available at a sensible price I would have one in a shot.

Enjoy your adventures you jammy VW owners!View attachment 110825View attachment 110826
Love a Jimny but never driven one! I just know they are cheap, robust, lightweight and Gordon Murray drives one so they must be good…

Last Suzook jeep I saw was currently being fitted with a Merc G wagon engine/tranny. Nice kit.

I’m hoping we can get a other vans section on the forum page,
Why would there be a problem when you are a lifetime V.I.P. member? Just put "looking to buy" for vehicle.
As an aside, Greece is full of Jimnys, a very popular hire vehicle.

I moved my business pool car away from VW to Volvo. It was becoming like Harry "I saw you coming" and Volvo Business sales were like a breath of fresh air.

Love the Jimny, if they were available at a sensible price I would have one in a shot.
Just seen the Falkirk Suzuki dealer has dropped his white one to nearly book price.
With the vat included they are just under £21k maybe a touch more for metallic paint.

Dicksons Suzuki Inverness were great paid book price and had £250 of extra thrown in for free, and a full tank of fuel:thumb

Just seen the Falkirk Suzuki dealer has dropped his white one to nearly book price.
With the vat included they are just under £21k maybe a touch more for metallic paint.

Dicksons Suzuki Inverness were great paid book price and had £250 of extra thrown in for free, and a full tank of fuel:thumb
Alot more expensive down South…

IMG_3884.png

Why would there be a problem when you are a lifetime V.I.P. member? Just put "looking to buy" for vehicle.
As an aside, Greece is full of Jimnys, a very popular hire vehicle.
I like posting my parkup travel/adventures on here and not sure how a little jimny trips would go down on Cali forum.
Have asked kev if he can do other van section on here for all us ex cali owner:talktothehand

Alot more expensive down South…

View attachment 110876
Ah you are looking at the 4seater car version only made them for two years and they are crazy prices!
Suzuki had to stop making them due to high emissions and very few cars/models being sold in the uk (manufactures have emission targets).

They got round it by producing my little two seat LCV commercial vehicles have different rules.
Dealers are selling them for £24k-£27k pre reg instead of the book price of £21k (ish) including vat figures

May get a roof tent but restricted on weight as it’s between 30kg-50kg on a jimny for stability issues.
Would have to be oex lightest I’ve seen at 37kg or Frontrunner 43kg there’s a great forum page thing for them, called bigjimny (geordie jimny camping ) he’s tried pretty much every set up for camping has youtube channel too.
CInch have launched their new AirCruiser roof tent via Kickstarter. Info looks like weight is a little over 36kg.

Not cheap (or stealthy), but looks interesting.

Back