Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Cali lowering

T

Tntoast

VIP Member
has anyone lowered there van (aparently recomended for travell sickness - to cure not get!). if so what did they use and rough prices.

also, did it work!

cheers

I think I paid around £400 with VIP discount, I also did it for the travel sickness reasons and I an happy to confirm it has cured the problem with any back seat passengers now.
It is a 100% worthwhile investment as the van handles so much better now also ( and looks better ;) )

I second that less wallow around corners and looks better :thumb

I used the vw eibach lowering springs to maintain my warranty lowered by 40 mm :thumb

I've had -40 springs fitted, drives miles better and looks better, just got back from a small outing and no vomit!!. Result.

Are the springs california specific or for all types of t5.

The springs are weight rated. There are a set of springs that we specifically use for the California, but the springs are weight rated for axle loads etc...

Cheers

smgcowfold said:
The springs are weight rated. There are a set of springs that we specifically use for the California, but the springs are weight rated for axle loads etc...

Cheers
Sound advice

Again another really informative thread, thank you all.

I would be interested in lowering, how does it affect the ground clearance? I know 40mm less is the obvious answer but driving across fields, rough tracks, would the vehicle be compromised?

can it be done by a VW dealer as an approved modification without affecting warranty?

Jen

If the genuine parts are used then this will not affect your vehicle warranty as it is a Volkswagen product.

cheers

Thank you Alex,

So, when it comes, can I just trundle it into a nearby VW dealer and say "can you lower it for me?"

Yes, and as you are based in West Sussex we can do it for you :cool

I was hoping that you would say that :D

Do people who have had their Cali lowered have any issues with insurance? Either increased premiums or refusal as its a 'modification'. Would quite like to get it done (VW springs) but getting my Beach insured was a nightmare as it was. :thanks

I would advise informing your insurance company as you have changed the vehicle. Premiums changes or refusals would be down to individual insurance companies. Best speak to yours before you get it done to see what they say.

Cheers

Hi,

Anyone have an issue with driving across fields with the lowering kit..

Mark