Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Cali road greetings

MaxRed

MaxRed

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Hi all!

I was just wondering, do you also greet another Cali drivers when you meet them on the road? Like motorcyclists always wave to oncoming motorcyclists ;)
Personally I usually nod or wave if I notice another California passing by ;) People usually wave in response!

Cheers!

I don't specific wave at other Cali drivers, but I always look if they look back. Most of the time I noticed most of them don't even look back. Sometimes they look back, but do nothing. Just once in a while they nod back, or wave with very little gestures.
One time I came across a T3 camping, or something like that, and the guy behind the wheel put up a big smile and waved to me like I was his long lost friend. I started laughing and waved back. Fun! :D

I/We wave whenever we see any VW camper with mixed responses from the other van.
Many a time we end up seeing a plumbers van go past the other way with no hint of a wave back!
It costs nothing, so why not!

My kids did want to start waving at the great whites (massive motor homes) and Bongo’s but I’ve educated them on this point; just VW’s! ;)

Cali’s are hard to spot from the front, an awning is a give away, but not all have this, but we still wave what ever!

I always wave to Cali or any VW camper to be honest. It's a "we know we done good getting a vw camper" wave :cool:. Sometimes people must think "what the hell is he waving at" but the majority wave back.

Cali's are not that hard to spot from the front. You can spot the hight forehead with the two bumps aside.
At least I spot them immediately if I am awake.

I wave at every most Transporter variants ( not builders and company vans) I see on the road, much to the OH,s dismay.

I have to say I originally come from aT2, where everybody waves, the T5 & T6 fraternity need to pick the game up ! Then again if you are in a T2 you have all the time in the world and waving takes your mind off the slooow progress haha

I have to say I originally come from aT2, where everybody waves, the T5 & T6 fraternity need to pick the game up ! Then again if you are in a T2 you have all the time in the world and waving takes your mind off the slooow progress haha
Reminds me of my trip back home from Pézenas, France, over the A 75. It is a steep highway with a lot of curves and wonderful to drive on.
I was driving when going uphill, I passed a T3. When the road went down again, I kept the same speed when the T3 flew past me downhill. Then the next uphill I had to pass him again. After 4 passes, the road went flatter and the T3 drove away from me.

Hi all!

I was just wondering, do you also greet another Cali drivers when you meet them on the road? Like motorcyclists always wave to oncoming motorcyclists ;)
Personally I usually nod or wave if I notice another California passing by ;) People usually wave in response!

Cheers!

I am a compulsive waver, unlike the bloke down the street who used to be a compulsive flasher .....

He was called Arnold ...

Now he's caught, a nasty sort of person
They gave him time
Doors bang, chain gang
He hates it

Back