Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

California ocean lowered

Wich springs did you use? I am looking to lower it to improve the handling, dont care mutch about the looks. I am considering the Eibach springs or the B12 pro kit wich includes the dampers. Anyone having some experience with these ?
I find the stock setup very " wobbly" . The car feels overloaded even when empty. I would like a more plaanted feel.

Wich springs did you use? I am looking to lower it to improve the handling, dont care mutch about the looks. I am considering the Eibach springs or the B12 pro kit wich includes the dampers. Anyone having some experience with these ?
I find the stock setup very " wobbly" . The car feels overloaded even when empty. I would like a more plaanted feel.
Hi

Hi used lowering springs Volkswagen supplied very pleased with the setup with original dampers no problem with warranty etc really feels very positive with very little body roll :thumb well chuffed Vw charge £460 with vat

The VW lowering springs significantly reduce body movement, immediately noticeable upfront but even moreso sat in the back. We had 3000 miles on the standard setup first, so a good basis to compare. It's still a van at the end of the day, but much closer to a car feel now for us. -30mm ground clearance hasn't proved to be any limitation at all as yet, though we don't use side bars.

Do you still need the HD anti-roll bars with the lowered suspension? If I don't have them and then lower the cali, will it still lean a fair bit? I don't drive like a loon, but I did notice a T5 lean a lot when on a bend on a french motorway doing 120KPH

Do you still need the HD anti-roll bars with the lowered suspension? If I don't have them and then lower the cali, will it still lean a fair bit? I don't drive like a loon, but I did notice a T5 lean a lot when on a bend on a french motorway doing 120KPH
I can't comment on lowering springs without HD AR bars, but on standard springs the HD AR bars achieved a significant roll reduction over standard.

I can't comment on lowering springs without HD AR bars, but on standard springs the HD AR bars achieved a significant roll reduction over standard.
Thanks.
Looks like a retro fit then as the build is confirmed now.

Thanks.
Looks like a retro fit then as the build is confirmed now.

I had mine lowered at the dealers before I picked it up. So ok to book it in once it gets delivered to your dealer.

Well worth it in my opinion as ride is better - it's more planted on the road and again the aesthetics are improved even on the standard wheels.

It was the first thing my wife noticed when we went to pick up the Cali that it looked less like on tip-toes as a normal Transporter or Cali. See photo we took at the dealers on day of pick up. 17" standard wheels + 30mm lowering kit.

IMG_0767.JPG

Mine is 2WD and the ground clearance has not been an issue. I don't intend doing off roading in mine so it's fine on grass around campsites as are the big wheels I've since fitted. I don't have the HD roll bars. I've read that they increase the ride height so from my experience I'd advise to just have the 30mm lowering kit. See current set up below.

IMG_2994.JPG

Very nice I agree all you need is the Vw lowering springs no negatives all plus points for me

Are the Volkswagen still using Eibach...?

I had mine lowered at the dealers before I picked it up. So ok to book it in once it gets delivered to your dealer.

Well worth it in my opinion as ride is better - it's more planted on the road and again the aesthetics are improved even on the standard wheels.

It was the first thing my wife noticed when we went to pick up the Cali that it looked less like on tip-toes as a normal Transporter or Cali. See photo we took at the dealers on day of pick up. 17" standard wheels + 30mm lowering kit.

Mine is 2WD and the ground clearance has not been an issue. I don't intend doing off roading in mine so it's fine on grass around campsites as are the big wheels I've since fitted. I don't have the HD roll bars. I've read that they increase the ride height so from my experience I'd advise to just have the 30mm lowering kit. See current set up below.
Thanks for that. I've seen your Cali in various posts and I really like the look of the lowering. I've gone for the 18in Toluca wheels from new. The dealer did say to try the standard suspension out first to see, so he's obviously not chasing the coin on the lowering, which gave me some confidence. Having driven cars with "sports suspension" (their words not mine) for the last 5 years I imagine I may feel the difference.

Again, thanks for all the advice, I'll give it a test drive when it arrives and probably let them lower it first as last.

View attachment 18729

View attachment 18728

Looks great. Good to see yours as mine coming in March is white and then being lowered.
You read HD anti roll bars increase the Height? What did it say and by how much?
I have ordered HD bars to improve roundabout cornering so if what you say is fact (not doubting your word at all but I have never heard about this) I wonder how much of the lowering would be negated.

Looks great. Good to see yours as mine coming in March is white and then being lowered.
You read HD anti roll bars increase the Height? What did it say and by how much?
I have ordered HD bars to improve roundabout cornering so if what you say is fact (not doubting your word at all but I have never heard about this) I wonder how much of the lowering would be negated.
Don't wonder. Go and understand how suspension works. !!

Don't wonder. Go and understand how suspension works. !!

Hi sidepod.

To Quote T4WFA on June 3 2016.

I thought we'd now established that these do raise the height of the Cali (TommyGun's Alison F's recent post comparing 2 x T6's. One with, one without heavy duty roll bars). Takes it over the 2m point, and makes quite a visual difference - but the added ground clearance is valuable for some.

Just quoting some info from the forum.
Perhaps as the HD bars have a different section they reduce the slump in the suspension and thus make the vehicle sit slightly higher?

Thanks wrinkles!

At least you can see from my post that even on "Boggo" wheels the lowering makes the Cali look less van like and as I said and so many other say that it handles better.

I have also found the post I read that stated the HD actually raises the height. But I had better be clear that I am only quoting someone else's opinion and as sidepod states it does seem weird because we are talking anti roll bars and not spring length.

So if you have lowering and HD you should be able to corner like a pro!

What wheels are they Days Out? They look fantastic!

IMG_3172.PNG

The wheels are GMP Italia MK1-S. dimensions can be seen on the attached label from the box. Tyres are Pirelli PZero Nero 275/35R20.

I have honk they suit the California due to the technical look of the spokes and I really like the polished edges to the rims.

IMG_2953.JPG

Too Low....at least you have the roof bed when your on the hard shoulder with a 'flat'

Lol...you will...I had an RS4 and had more flats in 2 years than in the previous 35 years....

I guess you have to look out for potholes and kerbs. I've had over 70 cars (most with low profile tyres) and have only had one puncture due to a pot hole. Still a RS4 is a nice motor to have owned shame about the flats! Apart from a Cali what other car do you drive now?

Looks nice, but 20s are far to big.
I wouldn't buy a set of wheels bigger than 18s on the T-Series. Lots of drive train issues with people who have run bigger size wheels. My friend had 20s on his T5 when he bought it and they were awful. He has since put his 16s steels back on.