Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Camping Gaz 907 or equivalent in Greece?

R

Richk

Hi all,

We are currently in Greece with the Cali, climbing and cycling. Here for at least a month. Our first gas bottle(907) is nearly finished, luckily we have a spare. A long shot I know, but has anyone on the forums any knowledge on where to find refill/exchange 907’s in Greece mainland.
Thanks

Hi all,

We are currently in Greece with the Cali, climbing and cycling. Here for at least a month. Our first gas bottle(907) is nearly finished, luckily we have a spare. A long shot I know, but has anyone on the forums any knowledge on where to find refill/exchange 907’s in Greece mainland.
Thanks
Try boat yards where they might refill. I think Petragas used to do it.

Hi all,

Thanks
According to their website, quit a few retailers.

AE595338-4188-48C0-B242-709078BF7272.jpeg

Not officially available in Greece. You might find a back street refill. I also think there is a campingaz competitor who supply butane in a similar sized bottle, and will exchange Campingaz bottles for theirs. Best place to try is a marina chandlery.

gas.jpg

Thanks guys...we found a last remaining camping gaz 907 cylinder in Trikala.... 9 euro exchange
For future info the standard Greek bottles are an inch taller than 907’s. It fits in the gaz cassette of a Cali, however the safety lid doesn’t fit over the top but shelf does.
I’d imagine it would be fine as long as you have a canary in the van

Thanks guys...we found a last remaining camping gaz 907 cylinder in Trikala.... 9 euro exchange
For future info the standard Greek bottles are an inch taller than 907’s. It fits in the gaz cassette of a Cali, however the safety lid doesn’t fit over the top but shelf does.
I’d imagine it would be fine as long as you have a canary in the van
9 Euros? They saw you coming!

Not officially available in Greece. You might find a back street refill. I also think there is a campingaz competitor who supply butane in a similar sized bottle, and will exchange Campingaz bottles for theirs. Best place to try is a marina chandlery.

View attachment 52416
I only said Campingaz had Retailers in Greece. Whether those retailers sell 907 cylinder refills I have no idea. But it seems @Richk was able to find a 907 cylinder in Trikala, and guess what there is a Campingaz retail outlet in Trikala.

I only said Campingaz had Retailers in Greece. Whether those retailers sell 907 cylinder refills I have no idea. But it seems @Richk was able to find a 907 cylinder in Trikala, and guess what there is a Campingaz retail outlet in Trikala.
Indeed.

But the website is very clear. There is a "store locator" button, and once pressed it brings up a second "store locator" button and an alternative "gas locator" button. Clicking on the "gas locator" button brings up a "gas cartridge" option and a "gas cylinder" option.

gas2.jpg

There are no authorised Campingaz gas cylinder or authorised Campingaz gas cartridge retailers in Greece.

It is easy to tell the difference between a genuine Campingaz refill and an unauthorised butane refill in a Campingaz cylinder. The genuine one will be freshly painted and be covered in a white plastic gauze.

Nice video here:

I hope the OP has found a genuine refill, but if I were forced into a wager, I'd place my money on it not having come directly from Campingaz.

Indeed.

But the website is very clear. There is a "store locator" button, and once pressed it brings up a second "store locator" button and an alternative "gas locator" button. Clicking on the "gas locator" button brings up a "gas cartridge" option and a "gas cylinder" option.

View attachment 52454

There are no authorised Campingaz gas cylinder or authorised Campingaz gas cartridge retailers in Greece.

It is easy to tell the difference between a genuine Campingaz refill and an unauthorised butane refill in a Campingaz cylinder. The genuine one will be freshly painted and be covered in a white plastic gauze.

Nice video here:

I hope the OP has found a genuine refill, but if I were forced into a wager, I'd place my money on it not having come directly from Campingaz.
The website is also very clear that there is a company 4 miles from me that sells the 907s and Cartridges. It doesn't and hasn't for some years. In fact it has no physical retail presence.

Anyway, Greece is part of the EU and I am sure there are Commercial Rules and Regulations as well as Gas Rules and Regulations that prohibit such a practice as there are in the UK, to protect users.

Ok guys that’s enough now- this sort of thing puts off people contributing.
Kiss and make up!

The website is also very clear that there is a company 4 miles from me that sells the 907s and Cartridges. It doesn't and hasn't for some years. In fact it has no physical retail presence.
No. The website is very clear that it is a database of authorised dealers. Unless I have missed something, it holds no data on stock availability.
Campingaz website said:
Please note: We cannot guarantee the availability of our products at individual stores. Please check with the local store for more information.​

All stores listed here are Campingaz authorized dealers. We recommend to exchange Campingaz cylinders at these dealers.​

Oh god. I want the is to be a happy place where I plan my retirement in a van and don’t have to deal with the petty squabbles of children and work.

Oh god. I want the is to be a happy place where I plan my retirement in a van and don’t have to deal with the petty squabbles of children and work.
I'm just waiting for the Spreadsheets and statistical analysis.:Nailbiting

I've found that Campingaz website utterly useless too. I've found that dealers mentioned on it who haven't stocked campingaz for a long time, and other places that sell campingaz that aren't on it.

I'm just waiting for the Spreadsheets and statistical analysis.:Nailbiting
Now that would be a fascinating study: what percent of authorised cylinder stockists have stock throughout the year, and of which size. :kiss

An authorised dealer in Catania I popped in for an exchange apologised that they only carry stock in the summer. I eventually exchanged two 907 cylinders for a 909 cylinder and a 907 in Brindisi. Before then I didn't even know that 909 cylinders existed.

I did a cylinder swap in Pyros in the Peloponnese at the chandalry shop up the hill on the way out of town. Cost was about €9 too.

Anyway, Greece is part of the EU and I am sure there are Commercial Rules and Regulations as well as Gas Rules and Regulations that prohibit such a practice as there are in the UK, to protect users.
I would regularly refill my 907 at fuel stations in Bulgaria, it’s just a common practice, not sure about Greece though

Back