Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Cancelling my Cali Order. Thank you for all your support!!

Sounds like a great van & I'm sure the dealer won't have trouble selling it on.

I'm also interested to know which dealer.

I think I’ve heard enough quite frankly.

It’s clearing disappointing that anyone has there dreams dashed by financial circumstances but no-one has died, no-one at the dealership has done has done anything out of order.

A contract was taken out and a deposit was paid and lost as the order was cancelled, pretty normal I would say.

It’s also clear why the order was cancelled and it wasn’t due to CO2 issues or the like so it would be dishonest to say it was.

As for naming and shaming the dealer, by all means name them so someone who wants Marks Cali can buy it but there is no shame.

Yes, it was worth a try to get the deposit back, I would have tried but enough is enough.

Mike
Hi Mike,

I am not complaining about the dealer, they have been amazing and gave me a great discount and were so quick to reply to emails, and so knowledgeable about the cali.
I also appreciate its been made and ive messed them about and there must be alot of costs associated of having a £50k vehicle specifically made for my requirements and now has no buyer.

Even if i was going to buy a new cali next year, i would still go to them, out of all the dealers i went to, they were not only the most competitively priced, but also super friendly.

I can still highly recommend them, and yes a deposit is a deposit and will let it go and put it down to experience.

And i agree, no one has died, lifes still goes on :thumb

Hi Mike,

I am not complaining about the dealer, they have been amazing and gave me a great discount and were so quick to reply to emails, and so knowledgeable about the cali.
I also appreciate its been made and ive messed them about and there must be alot of costs associated of having a £50k vehicle specifically made for my requirements and now has no buyer.

Even if i was going to buy a new cali next year, i would still go to them, out of all the dealers i went to, they were not only the most competitively priced, but also super friendly.

I can still highly recommend them, and yes a deposit is a deposit and will let it go and put it down to experience.

Good man. Hope things work out and you get your Cali one day.

Mike

Well the dealer has kindly said, if i order a cali next year, they would knock a further £500 as a gesture of good will on top of any agreed discount, so all ended lovely in the end. Thank you everyone, and my bad, its doesnt say on the order form just "costs incurred", its states "deposit AND costs incurred if cancelled" so i had no right to even moan about losing the deposit! :sorry:talktothehand
Thank you to everyone!! :cheers:thumb:thanks:thanks:thanks:thanks

Well the dealer has kindly said, if i order a cali next year, they would knock a further £500 as a gesture of good will on top of any agreed discount, so all ended lovely in the end. Thank you everyone, and my bad, its doesnt say on the order form just "costs incurred", its states "deposit AND costs incurred if cancelled" so i had no right to even moan about losing the deposit! :sorry:talktothehand
Thank you to everyone!! :cheers:thumb:thanks:thanks:thanks:thanks

That’s very fair on top of an agreed discount.

Mike

Hi Mike,

Still coming to Vw events 2019??’

They have stated its gone beyond that and been made. Even if they said £972, would be more believable, but £1k on the nose, hmm "any cost incurred" could mean anything £500 feel would be fair

But what if they have to give in another 2% discount in selling this one from stock? Or if they can't sell it before May? Or what if the real costs are £1379,- but they only charge you the deposit?

I know financial disasters from nearby (like having to get a new gearbox on the second day of your holiday in our hard earned second hand Cali...) but I really don't think your dealer is earning anything extra from your cancelled order. There are no winners here.

But what if they have to give in another 2% discount in selling this one from stock? Or if they can't sell it before May? Or what if the real costs are £1379,- but they only charge you the deposit?

I know financial disasters from nearby (like having to get a new gearbox on the second day of your holiday in our hard earned second hand Cali...) but I really don't think your dealer is earning anything extra from your cancelled order. There are no winners here.
I really would like an administrator to now end this thread if possible because it has been ended on a nice note and people are not reading the full thread but just the beginning and giving advice on such. It would be nice when somone searches for cancellation question, the last few comments that are read on this thread give an answer, which this thread gives. Thank you very much @motacyclist @GrannyJen @Amarillo @Borris I have assumed one of you are or know an administrator

I've read both threads from start to finish - sorry if I crossed a border...
No you didnt at all, thank you very much for your advice. Its just such a big decision to cancel and surprised there wasnt a thread already about it so be nice for other people who have to cancel to know the whole process. Thank you again!!!

As a car dealer I can assure you that the dealer will not be "winning" re retaining the £1000 deposit. Deposits would not exist if they were refundable as there would be zero point. The dealer is receiving a new expensive Cali specced by an owner who is not buying it. If they cannot find a buyer wanting same spec then it will sit in the showroom decreasing in value. My guess is the dealer will lose out especially if they decide to register it and make it a demonstrator..

Fully understand your distress and its a real shame your cancelling but none of this is the dealers fault the terms were clear before you signed. Genuinely hope you get your dream in the near future . :thumb

As a car dealer I can assure you that the dealer will not be "winning" re retaining the £1000 deposit. Deposits would not exist if they were refundable as there would be zero point. The dealer is receiving a new expensive Cali specced by an owner who is not buying it. If they cannot find a buyer wanting same spec then it will sit in the showroom decreasing in value. My guess is the dealer will lose out especially if the decide to register it and make it a demonstrator..

Fully understand your distress and its a real shame your cancelling but none of this is the dealers fault the terms were clear before you signed. Genuinely hope you get your dream in the near future . :thumb
Thank you very much, but its all been sorted now, please read above posts. :)

As a car dealer I can assure you that the dealer will not be "winning" re retaining the £1000 deposit. Deposits would not exist if they were refundable as there would be zero point. The dealer is receiving a new expensive Cali specced by an owner who is not buying it. If they cannot find a buyer wanting same spec then it will sit in the showroom decreasing in value. My guess is the dealer will lose out especially if they decide to register it and make it a demonstrator..

Not only that, the dealer has to pay for it, so will more than likely be on a stocking loan facility, costing them interest every day it remains unsold, just as the season is over.

OP - just buy yourself a Bongo or something for cash. You don’t need a £50K van to enjoy yourself. You’ve made the right call to ensure your possessions don’t end up owning you. You’d just resent it if that happened. Remain free and liberated!

Back