morpeth clan

morpeth clan

Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Our roof at the front where the folding piece is ,
Appears to be coming away at the top
Has any one had this ? also
Is this a fix anyone has had to do ?
Don’t want to start looking at it in case I pull it more until I know if it’s a fix I can do
Thanks

DBA7A9B9-884D-482F-AF03-CA4462AADFAA.jpeg

It looks like the canvas is apart from the rubber attachement? Maybe a stitch has loosened?
Try to lubricate the rubber between the attachement in the roof and pull the rubber gently out. Then you might try to restitch it in any sort of way? If the rubber tears, it will be time for a new canvas I am afraid.

E3EB70B7-5A69-40B8-8469-01417294AC17.jpegI had exactly the same fault on my SE 180 (2015) but fortunately spotted it a couple of weeks before warranty expired and had a new T6 type canvas fitted. Maybe you could argue it’s a known fault and get some sympathy!View attachment 49275

Hmm, it looks like the rubber itself is torn. That is another issue. Unless you could find a scissored canvas, and are able to unstitch and restitch the rubber, you could give it a go.
On the other hand, the newer T6 tents are more waterproof than this fabric one, so might be worth an update?

So it is a known fault ?
Ours was August 2015 so not close to warranty
So looks like we are on our own ££
Our 2008 Cali had no issues in the time we had it perhaps they are like most things now

Don't know if it is a known fault, as I don't have it, as many more here on the forum have never had it?

I would not be happy either.

Oh, a new bellow costs around €550 here in Belgium, so yes, you are on the ££ or even €€.

yes good shout
I have used clear gorilla tape to seal small gap
its easy to watch to see if it gets bigger
shame on a van of this price you have to have such manufacturing issues