Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Caravan & Motorhome Club / Camping & Caravan Club Memberships

Who do you belong to and why?

• I don't bother with either

Votes: 13 15.7%
  • I only wanted one chose C&MC thought its better for me and I'm happy

Votes: 12 14.5%
  • I only wanted one chose C&MC thought its better for me and wished I'd gone for C &CC

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • I only wanted one chose C&CC thought its better for me and I'm happy

Votes: 21 25.3%
  • I only wanted one chose C&CC thought its better for me and wished I'd gone for C &MC

Votes: 3 3.6%
  • Went for both happy to drop either but remain in one

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Went for both will drop C&MC

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Went for both will drop C&CC

Votes: 5 6.0%
  • I joined both and benefit by having each so they are here to stay

Votes: 20 24.1%
  • I Did join one but would like to add the other

Votes: 5 6.0%

• Total voters
Ocean Spirit

Ocean Spirit

Eating Ice Cream, skimming stones.
Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Just wondered if there is a common theme of how people benefit from these clubs.

Lots of benefits.

Full facility sites, well kept, well priced.

Between them over 4,000 sites, member only - no more than 5 units, normally very laid back

Lots of discounts

CC - Half price for M6 Toll**

I have absolutely no problems with either organisation. Lot's of site rules, not normally overbearing, my decision whether I accept them or not. Sometimes the full facility sites can appear regulated, regimented, snooty... whatever ..... but for me a great place normally to pull in, get a shower, clean the van, chill out, after a long week or two on the road with no facilities.

** Edit: CC is now CAMC and the toll discount has ended.

Last edited:
Member of c and cc club since the eighties .

Pondered this decision for quite a while too. I felt that both offered very good memberships but my decision to go with the C&MC was based on the following;
  1. Was looking for a London site and Crystal Palace is ideal - saved ~£80 by not staying in a hotel;
  2. Planning a 2018 Euro trip and saved ~£20 on ferry discount;
  3. Regularly use M6 toll so make use of that discount;
  4. Lastly, I thought the C&MC website was better for finding Certified Locations and generally more intuitive to navigate and get the most out of.
I reckon I’ve almost got my membership money back in the first month.

To be honest I can see the benefits of both. It’s likely that if we decide to go somewhere that is C&CC we’ll likely get that membership as and when required.

My preference of the two is the C&MC. They are more flexible with bookings. I like that I can book one night stays at all sites, with no deposit or cancellation charges. Also most sites accept members only.
What I really dislike about the C&CC is that near me there are some excellent Lake District sites but I cannot use them for weekends away as they have a 3 night minimum stay requirement. This makes them too expensive for a Fri/Sat night stay.

We went for both but have only renewed membership of C&MC. We didn't like how the C&CC want a non-refundable deposit and also the fact they allocate pitches.

I don't belong to either as I prefer to go to small private sites, or use pub car parks.

If I were going to join one I would try C&MC as I've been to CCC sites and hated the regimentedness and the power-crazed wardens.

I think both are expensive.

Hi,
I just recently visited the show at the NEC and joined the ccc. But to be honest I did think initially they are one and the same (I now know different)
My initial attraction that drew me was the high discounted sites out of peak season. Yes they are discounted, but not as much as I had first thought.

Never being a member in the past to an organised accociation (apart from my invaluable BritStop bible) I did not fully understand how the prices advertised are structured until after receiving my members pack.
When I see less than a fiver for a night I think this is good for a night or two. But if I am right, that is the pitch only. To put me on that pitch with my vw then another fiver or so is needed. (I am talking well out of main season here)

Also I think (I could be wrong) even tho there is just me, the senior cits discount is not taken off the total, but just the person element.

Saying the above, it’s hopefully still worth a punt for a year (£44) as included was a couple of vouchers for free nights.

I will still be renewing my BritStop in the new year.

Hi,
I just recently visited the show at the NEC and joined the ccc. But to be honest I did think initially they are one and the same (I now know different)
My initial attraction that drew me was the high discounted sites out of peak season. Yes they are discounted, but not as much as I had first thought.

Never being a member in the past to an organised accociation (apart from my invaluable BritStop bible) I did not fully understand how the prices advertised are structured until after receiving my members pack.
When I see less than a fiver for a night I think this is good for a night or two. But if I am right, that is the pitch only. To put me on that pitch with my vw then another fiver or so is needed. (I am talking well out of main season here)

Also I think (I could be wrong) even tho there is just me, the senior cits discount is not taken off the total, but just the person element.

Saying the above, it’s hopefully still worth a punt for a year (£44) as included was a couple of vouchers for free nights.

I will still be renewing my BritStop in the new year.
The thing that makes CMC worth the money for me is access to the CLs and knowing that in general the CMC sites are all of a high standard.

C&MC for us. No deposits to pay so you can plan out your trips ages in advance and then change everything or cancel if you want as long as you do it 72hrs in advance. We like to have weekends and school holidays pencilled in so that we keep them free of boring life commitments even if we do change destinations at short notice.

Also I haven't yet come across minimum stay requirements, which as someone else pointed out, is perfect for weekends. C&CC is a no for us for that reason alone.

Just wondered if there is a common theme of how people benefit from these clubs.
I have been a member of both clubs, but dropped the C&MC in favour of the C&CC. Reasons: we will only use certified locations, and don't like regimentation of some C&MC sites, so makes sense to us to pay less for virtually the same facility. It is only recently that I have started to use U.K. sites and only then because of the lack of European style aires. There is often still a strong temptation to wild camp!

Somebody put half price M6 toll for ccc members. I didn't know that, is it still true. I paid a lot the other day by card, perhaps I should have gone to a kiosk.

Somebody put half price M6 toll for ccc members. I didn't know that, is it still true. I paid a lot the other day by card, perhaps I should have gone to a kiosk.
Might be wrong but I thought it was CMC and the discount ended last year, @GrannyJen knows!

You are referring to my post.

I posted that in 2017 :D CC not CCC as that was what it was largely referred to then, Caravan Club. The M6 toll discount ended last year in 2019.

Thanks for the heads up. Now edited :)

You are referring to my post.

I posted that in 2017 :D CC not CCC as that was what it was largely referred to then, Caravan Club. The M6 toll discount ended last year in 2019.

Thanks for the heads up. Now edited :)
I knew you knew!

We only remain in the C&CC for the CS & Hideaway sites. Main CC sites are far too expensive to use for any meaningful length of time. Continental Mediterranean prices.