Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Cleaning tips for your Cali

soulstyledevon

soulstyledevon

Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
What products do you use please and where do you source them from ? Amazing job !
Scoobz

Demon Tweaks - Snow
Turtle Wax - Wash
Wilkos - wheel clean and tyre dress
Clay Bar - Bilt Hammer

You just use water with the Bilt clay.

S

Scoobz1

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Scoobz

Demon Tweaks - Snow
Turtle Wax - Wash
Wilkos - wheel clean and tyre dress
Clay Bar - Bilt Hammer

You just use water with the Bilt clay.
Thanks for that - will have to get myself a claybar and dig out my old car cleaning kit. Cali is fairly new to me so haven't done it yet !

HectorPascal

HectorPascal

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Twenty years ago we invested in a Karcher commercial pressure washer such as garages have. It has had a new heater coil and new hose otherwise nothing and still going strong. One of the best purchases we have made. So very useful for so many applications. It was not that bad price-wise at the time either - about £1250 I think.

C

Charlotterobin

VIP Member
Ahhh, takes me back to my Beetle polishing! Lovely memories

Borris

Borris

Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Twenty years ago we invested in a Karcher commercial pressure washer such as garages have. It has had a new heater coil and new hose otherwise nothing and still going strong. One of the best purchases we have made. So very useful for so many applications. It was not that bad price-wise at the time either - about £1250 I think.
I have a Karcher pressure washer although not a fancy commercial one like yours. Ours cost about £200ish from B&Q about four years ago. It does a decent enough job however I wish some bright spark would invent a pressure washer hose that doesn't tie itself in knots as soon as it's un-reeled. Not only does it does that but it lays in wait to trip me up and loves nothing better than to get itself caught up on everything it possibly can. It's a love hate relationship. Definately a case of you only get what you pay for!

Does your washer produce heated water?

Big Ted

Big Ted

Vehicle
T5 SE 174
  1. Jet wash
  2. Snow foam
  3. Rinse
  4. Iron Out
  5. Snow Foam
  6. Clay Bar
  7. Rinse
  8. Dry
  9. Side bars polished
  10. Coat glass with GTechniq SmartVision G1
  11. Machine polish (2 or 3 passes depending on what the panel was like)
  12. Panel wipe on all panels
  13. Coat with GTechniq CSL
  14. Coat with GTechniq Exo
  15. Pint
A fairly full on day - be nice to see it in the sun tomorrow.

Wheels to come off another day to be treated & rubber dressed when new tyres are fitted.
Bike rack off to be cleaned & treated.
Plastic to be treated with trim restorer.
Still need to pull of masking tape!

IMG_1407.jpegIMG_1408.jpeg

IMG_1406.jpeg

A

Amonkeyhint

Vehicle
Looking to buy
I’ve been though 3 standard Karcher pressure washers in 8 years. They’ve all ended up pulsing
I have a Karcher pressure washer although not a fancy commercial one like yours. Ours cost about £200ish from B&Q about four years ago. It does a decent enough job however I wish some bright spark would invent a pressure washer hose that doesn't tie itself in knots as soon as it's un-reeled. Not only does it does that but it lays in wait to trip me up and loves nothing better than to get itself caught up on everything it possibly can. It's a love hate relationship. Definately a case of you only get what you pay for!

Does your washer produce heated water?
You want to pick up a quick release gun. Such as https://www.in2detailing.co.uk/karcher-k-series-swivel-quick-release-short-trigger-gun-with-quick-release-nozzles-kar190635748.html

The quick release swivels so it doesn’t twist the hose, and I find you get better control over the smaller gun.

Borris

Borris

Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
I’ve been though 3 standard Karcher pressure washers in 8 years. They’ve all ended up pulsing

You want to pick up a quick release gun. Such as https://www.in2detailing.co.uk/karcher-k-series-swivel-quick-release-short-trigger-gun-with-quick-release-nozzles-kar190635748.html

The quick release swivels so it doesn’t twist the hose, and I find you get better control over the smaller gun.
Thanks for your suggestion. However, my problem is that the hose is wound around a built in drum and being as stiff as hell, the hose converts itself into "a right old bunch of bastards" * as soon as it gets its freedom from the drum.

*(A Fire Service term for a snotty heap of tangled line).