Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Clonk noise from front nearside wheel

F

Fryers!

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Over the past few weeks we have noticed a loud clonk/clunk noise coming from the front nearside wheel , it tends to do it quite randomly only at low speeds, when it makes the noise my wife can feel it vibrate in the passenger footwell.

Is this another thing to add to my ever ending list of problems :cry:

This will most likely be top end bearing of the Mc Person columns.
Diagnostic; when turning the steering the other person feels vibration on a hand palm touching the coil.

Repair (in Poland), 100 Euros (200 including oil and filters replacement), 2 hours job. They actually squeeze the coils, rather than removing the suspension.

This will most likely be top end bearing of the Mc Person columns.
Diagnostic; when turning the steering the other person feels vibration on a hand palm touching the coil.

Repair (in Poland), 100 Euros (200 including oil and filters replacement), 2 hours job. They actually squeeze the coils, rather than removing the suspension.
Anyone else had this, ours started doing something like this today, 50k on the clock T6

Would anyone have a part number for a 2017 Cali 4 mo dsg 204 front suspension top mount bush/ bearing please. Thanks.

Anyone else had this, ours started doing something like this today, 50k on the clock T6
Update on this, I got the new bearing from VW just over £20, and replaced it, bit of a game to be honest, anyhow having taken the old bearing apart nothing obvious wrong with it but the noise went away, until. .... driving off-road in Iceland a couple of weeks ago it came back on an odd occasion but the last couple of thousand miles have been noise free apart from possibly both front wheel bearings or maybe tyres ?

Back